craigmason71

sanctioned for being disabled

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1971 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

last week when i went to sign on i got put on a 4 week sanction all i got was this letter they know i am mentally and physically disabled i have aspbergers and mobility problems i look on indeed and the jobcentre websites and keep a written record of my jobsearch activities

what do i do next ???

Edited by craigmason71

Ask for an appeal form

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

ALso it is vital you go to the housing office if you receive housing benefit and do a change of circumstances for a NIL Income to prevent that being stopped.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

have unapproved attachment due to personal details showing

please remove and repost

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

last week when i went to sign on i got put on a 4 week sanction all i got was this letter they know i am mentally and physically disabled i have aspbergers and mobility problems i look on indeed and the jobcentre websites and keep a written record of my jobsearch activities

what do i do next ???

The first step after being sanctioned is that you get a letter from a Decision Maker explaining briefly what the sanction is for.

That letter will give you the address of the Decision Maker who you need to write to asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision to sanction you and explaining why you believe that the decision to sanction you was wrong.

The appeal form applies to the next stage if, or when, the Mandatory Reconsideration has been carried out and the original decision to sanction you is upheld.

You would do well to heed Sabresheep’s advice and contact your local Housing Benefit office and explain to them that you have been sanctioned, wrongfully in your opinion, and that your circumstances have not changed.

PS: Welcome to the site Craigmason71, didn't notice right away that you were a new member

do i have to go into jobcentre for an appeal form or can i phone up for one ?

i am currently living at home so do not claim housing benefit but pay parents £20 per week instead

I would write a letter or ask someone to help you, and then with any supporting evidence to support your disabilities that nay have an affect on your life. Photo copy the lot, and hand deliver to job centre and get a receipt to confirm they have received..

I doubt that was the reason for the sanction.

Will i get my jsa payment due 21st july ???

The letter you attached to your first post has been withdrawn because you had left personal details on it for all and sundry to read. Nobody can see any of it now.

Was the letter from your Jobcentre or from a Decision Maker?

If the letter you got last week was from a Decision Maker then your chances of getting your payment on 21st July are pretty slim.

Did it not explain what you should do next or who to contact about it?

I have already explained what your first step ought to be, write to Decision Maker asking for Mandatory Reconsideration.

When the Mandatory Reconsideration decision is made you will be sent the details along with the information you require to proceed to the appeal stage. You will need this before you can take the matter to the appeals stage anyway.

DWP Sanction Appeal Forms can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/181311/SSCS1.pdf

First letter was from jobcentre she handed it to me at the jobcentre not had letter yet from Decision Maker when i get that going to appeal it through my local cab