Problems with Topcashback, declined cashback for 5 times

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I am so pleased to find this website via Google as

I am having some major problems with Topcashback (or topcashback.co.uk) at the moment and I really need some help/advice please.

As the title says,

Topcashback has declined my cashback for 5 times so far,

and in one occasion the amount of cashback that Topcashback has declined is over £160.

I am sure you can imagine how angry and furious I am here.

And roughly I would say I have lost around £200 cashback in total.

It has come to the point that I must do something to get my cashback back, but the question is what and how?

Very briefly about the background of these declined cashback.

The first two declined cashback were happened when I booked hotel rooms with Holiday Inn and Premier Inn via topcashback.co.uk a couple of years ago.

I followed the instructions to click on a button on the topcashback website then I was diverted to the merchants' website

and carried on booking the rooms as normal.

For some reasons, these hotel room bookings were not tracked by topcashback I had to lodge a claim manually.

Cut the long story short,

I waited over a year and chased topcashback constantly every other month for the cashback,

and in the end topcashback told me both merchants refused to give me any cashback,

BUT topcashback offered me a 'Fair Play' deal to give me a half of the initial cashback.

I was not prepared to take the offer but thinking about it deeper I did not have an choice to be honest.

I told topcashback that it would only be a one-off agreement,

I would not accept any more half pay 'Fair Play' deal again.

Then about 4 months ago,

I made three different purchases with Ocado.

The cashback was £6.06 for each transaction.

These three transactions were tracked initially,

but then suddenly they disappeared altogether on my account,

I asked topcashback what was going on.

I was asked to lodge a claim for these cashback, and

few weeks later topcashback told me Ocado has refused to pay me.

I was not happy to lose my £18.18 cashback,

I asked topcashback to explain to me why Ocado would decline my cashback,

another few weeks later topcashback got back to me to say Ocado did not state why my cashback was declined,

and there was nothing they could do as it was Ocado's final decision.

I just could not believe this.

I didn't get my cashback and I did not even know the real reason!

The last two declined cashback happened more recently.

I made 3 different hotel bookings with ebookers.com via topcashback a month ago.

Topcashback was running a 15% exclusive cashback rate therefore it works out I should receive over £160 cashback in total.

Everything remained fine until a week ago,

these 3 cashback disappeared on my account for no reason.

When I searched for them on my account,

I discovered all 3 transactions have been declined by the merchant (that's what topcashback told me).

I found it very odd and extremely suspicious

because I had a message from topcashback before telling me

these 3 hotel bookings would not be submitted to ebookers

until after I have stayed at the hotels.

The rooms were booked for the christmas and new year's break,

but topcashback said the cashback has already been declined before I stay in the hotels,

it is just not right at all.

I wrote to topcashback to demand for an explanation.

The only explanation I got from topcashback was the cashback was declined by the merchant, that's all.

There was no further explanation to tell me why the merchant has declined my cashback.

As the cashback should only be submitted to ebookers in Jan next year and it was over £160,

I have started to think there is something dodge going on with topcashback here.

I have a feeling that topcashback may have lied to me about my cashback being declined by the merchant,

but in fact topcashback is going to keep my cashback instead.

I contacted topcashback several times, they kept telling me they would get back to me

but I have not yet received a response for a full explanation.

The fifth declined cashback has just happened here yesterday.

I received a message from topcashback saying a different merchant (sportdirect) has declined my cashback.

This time the reason (excuse) I was given is there was another marketing channel involved to the sale.

I have absolutely no idea what topcashback talked about.

I did not use any other marketing channels to place the order with sportdirect.

All I did was to click on the button on the topcashback website and then I was diverted to sportdirect to complete the purchase.

I has asked topcashback to show me an evidence of this other marketing channel which was involved to the sale,

so far I have heard nothing from topcashback.

So now, going back to all these declined cashback which I cannot tell if they were genuinely declined by the merchants, or they were just lies.

I wanted to know what right I have got here and what I can do to get my entitled cashback back.

Any advice and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

I was going to post a link

but its better you read for yourself

use the search of our grey top toolbar on the right

type in

topcashback

and go do some reading up.

it appears they only relent and fold if you issue a court claim

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

With Ocado you certainly should have received one cashback amount, I doubt you are entitled to any more regardless of how many times you have made a purchase. I have shopped with ocado before and the cashback is for your first order, other retailers have similar terms such as insurance where you have to be a new customer and not an existing one.

Have seen the topcashback site when it first started but been a member of quidco I never saw reason to change.

Have just had some cashback today from quidco for £65 with no messing around, Current cashback total is just £700.

Maybe time to change sites guys, Have heard of the horror stories with topcashback.

George

With Ocado you certainly should have received one cashback amount, I doubt you are entitled to any more regardless of how many times you have made a purchase. I have shopped with ocado before and the cashback is for your first order, other retailers have similar terms such as insurance where you have to be a new customer and not an existing one.

Thanks for the comment and message.

I thought I could only claim once but when I checked with the Ocado driver, apparently as long as you use a different/new credit card to pay for the purchase, it would be seen as a new/first order. I never shopped with Ocado before, so it was my first order, then I got two other friends who also never shopped with Ocado before to place the first order, we all set up an individual Ocado account, therefore I cannot see why there would be a problem.

Thanks for pointing it out by the way.

Hi BartyBoy

As they carry out their business over the internet, have you engaged with them socially, leave some glowing reviews on Twitter and Facebook. Their business model requires a lot of goodwill and customer service, they aren't demonstrating too much.

Thanks for advice, I haven't yet left them any 'reviews' on the internet. The reason for that is because I have read some other members' comment, they claimed their TCB (topcashback) accounts have been closed/suspended by TCB. I am just worried that will also happen to me as apart from these declined cashback, I still have £150 (approx) cashback pending in my account. So instead of pushing it too far, I am just trying to resolve the issue in a 'polite' way.

Have seen the topcashback site when it first started but been a member of quidco I never saw reason to change.

Have just had some cashback today from quidco for £65 with no messing around, Current cashback total is just £700.

Maybe time to change sites guys, Have heard of the horror stories with topcashback.

George

I have never used Quidco before, but that is definitely a plan for me. I have already setup a Quidco account, and I will start using it when I make the next online purchase. As mentioned, TCB still holds £150 cashback in my account, I will be so angry if I lose them all...

I was going to post a link

but its better you read for yourself

use the search of our grey top toolbar on the right

type in

topcashback

and go do some reading up.

it appears they only relent and fold if you issue a court claim

dx

Thanks for the info, I will read through the details to get some ideas of what I should do here next… Thanks!

my cashback for £105 for a sky subscription was declined because "i hadnt taken the service" dispite having an actived sky account 14 days since i ordered it through topcashback.

Did you file a claim and got your declined cashback back?

Top Cash Back leave well alone, you are finding what a lot of us find with that site, mine was Insurance cash Back or lack of it, eventually they offered me £7.00, then they published their yearly accounts = 3 directors pocketing money that we dream about for that year! stating to gesture of good will as they have to make a profit and sorry Insurance company ignored all request for the due monies.

Quidco reported as o.k.

also comparison site Insurance quotes tend to be higher than direct Insurer site I saved £50.00 by insuring with the same Insurer direct rather than the Comparison site, so research pays off!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

also comparison site Insurance quotes tend to be higher than direct Insurer site I saved £50.00 by insuring with the same Insurer direct rather than the Comparison site, so research pays off!

I must say, I went to TCB for a car insurance quote 2 months. They were advertising £70.70 cashback for an Aviva cover. So I did a quote via TCB, it turned out the quote via TCB was more expensive than going directly with Aviva. In other words, this £70.70 cashback was not really a cashback, because members pay a higher premium in the first place. What a dodge trick!

When I confronted the issue to TCB, they took them a month to get back to me and it was a pile of cow poo. I told them the insurance quote should remain the same as long as I provided the same information. Since then I have heard no more from TCB, obviously I was not as stupid as they thought, but god know how many other members have 'paid for' their cashback on their Aviva cover.

Was it someone here that threatened TCB with a court claim and eventually received their cashback.

About insurance you started me thinking, always only worked with the renewal figure and not one from the same company.

I've been using both quidco and tcb, the only problem I encountered was with tcb ocado order. Forget if it was the same credit card but delivery was to a different address. However I did uses the same tcb account which I assume was the reason I did not get the second cashback. Did get the new customer discount from ocado so could be tcb pocketed the second claim.

I've been using both quidco and tcb, the only problem I encountered was with tcb ocado order. Forget if it was the same credit card but delivery was to a different address. However I did uses the same tcb account which I assume was the reason I did not get the second cashback. Did get the new customer discount from ocado so could be tcb pocketed the second claim.

I didn't even get the first cashback, so based on your experience it seems that TCB has pocketed all my cashback - £18.18 from all 3 purchases.

a filed a complaint and another and another and still no cashback.

told not entitled to it dispite following instruction to the letter and providing proof of the transaction.

Took me no end of attempts / complaints 11 months & 3 weeks or more before the penal offer sent

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi all. Stumbled upon this forum via Twitter. Looks like it's been going for a long time, can't believe I haven't come across it before :???:

Anyway, just wanted to echo the sentiment. Have had major issues with tcb myself (tried it after having a similar experience on quidco). tcb forum seems to be full of complaints, at least is was. It's down today :(

The other site I've tried is imutual (so-called because it's owned by its members). Early days but a good experience so far

Anyway good luck in getting your tcb issues resolved. Looking forward to becoming a regular contributor :)

• 1 year later...

When I first joined TopCashback I received a confirmation email for each transaction.

Now all that has stopped and I have to clain cashback for each transactio.

I took out out Argos Pet Insurance in Jan 2015 and put in a claim in Feb 2015 with no result at present.

I quoted the policy number in the claim so exactly what proof do they need.

Does anyone know the legal situation ie who pays the cash back and can Topcashback say we have'nt got our commision so we cannot pay uou.

Thanks

Does anyone know the legal situation ie who pays the cash back and can Topcashback say we have'nt got our commision so we cannot pay uou.

Thanks

My guessing is, TCB pays the cashback but obviously these guys earn the money from the commission. And yes, TCB can say they didn't get the money from the merchants so no cashback can be passed on to you, but who knows if that is true or not…

Another thing which is worth to mention, the waiting time for a cashback to be paid can be extremely long. I have some over due cashback which TCB says the average waiting time is 8 weeks, and now 4 months passed by, I still wait for the cashback. I think these cashback schemes/programmes should be regulated to make sure it is all honest and fair.

i got fed up with TCB not honouring their rates, i filled numerous genuine claims and in the end told them i would not be using TCB again...it seems if the payout is a small amount they pay it, if its larger amount it gets declined.

i now use Quidco, and so far had over £85 paid out in just 3 months

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I've had problems with TopCashback, most recently with an outstanding unpaid claim for Ancestry membership. They now say that Ancestry has recently "expired", even though they still offer it through their website with "up to 26.25% cashback". It seems that they can take a £5 fee from you, but choose not to pay you just when they feel like it. Very poor customer care.