East Coast

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been done, I've done a search but had no luck.

Question is, if a railway company doesn't own the land it uses for it's car park, are parking fines not worth the paper they're printed on? Or is it covered somehow under the railway byelaw's?

What's the quickest way to find out if East Coast Trains do indeed own the land.

East coast use a private company to 'issue and collect payment' if that makes a difference, although it is East Coast employees (people behind the ticket desk, this I've witnessed) who go out and put the tickets on the cars!

I haven't had a ticket yet, but I overheard someone this morning whilst waiting for my train state that East Coast don't own the land?

Cheers

Lee

if they spout bylaws it usually to catch people out and mug them.

whats the actual station called and what is the car park.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

East Coast do not own Durham station they manage it on behalf of Network Rail. Most of the national rail stations in the UK are either owned by Network Rail but managed by the train operating company that uses it or owned and operated by Network Rail (usually main terminal stations).

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

East Coast do not own Durham station they manage it on behalf of Network Rail. Most of the national rail stations in the UK are either owned by Network Rail but managed by the train operating company that uses it or owned and operated by Network Rail (usually main terminal stations).

If the land is covered by byelaws then the signage should state that fact. Regardless of who owns or manages it.

Found this on the East Coast website.....

Why are Parking Penalty Notices issued?

East Coast Main Line Company Ltd operates a parking penalty scheme in order to discourage indiscriminate parking and parking without payment.

The parking tickets that East Coast issue are called Parking Penalty Notices (PPN). They are issued in accordance with Section 14 of the Railway Byelaws (see below). They require you to pay a penalty, do not result in points on a driving licence, however, may result in a criminal record if the case is subsequently heard in the Magistrate’s Court or a judgment against you if heard in the County Court.

PPNs may be issued on roads within East Coast managed premises or in East Coast managed car parks.

Revenue Protection Support Services (RPSS) based in Portsmouth deal with the administration of the PPN scheme on behalf of East Coast. Prosecutions are dealt with by East Coast’s Prosecution Unit.

Looks like they are issuing tickets under bylaws....

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

if they are using the word penalty then its legit and not a speculative invoice.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

again, does it say the penalty is issued under byelaw 14? If not it is them claiming money as such. Go and read the signage at the station. A lot of railway companies use MET parking services who make claims that they are not in a position to do in this regard.

again, does it say the penalty is issued under byelaw 14? If not it is them claiming money as such. Go and read the signage at the station. A lot of railway companies use MET parking services who make claims that they are not in a position to do in this regard.

I'll have a good look when I get back from work tonight