Consort Travel - Rotherham

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5083 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I would be grateful on what steps to take in relation to a complaint against the above Company.

The low down is that my parents who are partially disabled, booked a luxury coack trip to Italy which included paying extra for the priviledge of having a luxury airline style 36 seater coach as opposed to the standard 48. When arriving at Dover it was not until they had boarded (what they thought was a feeder coach) that the driver told them this was their coach for the 10 day trip. It was a 48 seater. The driver told them that the coach company used had gone bust and Consort do not own coaches as they contract hire them.

The hotels were not as described and they were put into a hotel annexe which was more like colditz than the 4* hotel they were sold on from the brochure and company. The company is ABTA bonded.

The holiday had been booked for months yet they were not told a thing until the Tuesday of departure once they had already travelled 4 hrs to Dover.

Any advice and suggestions greatly appreciated.

:)

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin:

Sounds like you have a claim for "not as described". They should definately be entitled to a refund of the difference between the standard price and what they paid for the better coach.

To start with, write a stiff letter with your complaint, together with any evidence (e.g. photos showing the accomodation differed from that described in the brochure), stating what you expect in the way of compensation.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

Thanks Chief,

the ol' man has already sent a letter (didnt get chance to add a few extras) but theyve (parents) been in touch with other travellers and one worked in Fleet St who has compiled a heavy letter for all of them too.

fingers crossed.

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin:

Thanks Chief,

the ol' man has already sent a letter (didnt get chance to add a few extras) but theyve (parents) been in touch with other travellers and one worked in Fleet St who has compiled a heavy letter for all of them too.

fingers crossed.

Good luck Benjee. Keep us posted...

Jeremy

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know, the parents got back the difference they paid for an upgraded coach (bout £70 each) and the Company have admitted errors on the brochure regarding the whole trip. (They sent a rep to the resort in the height of the season and were unaware of the abismal standards during the off season months.)

The company is now making offers of payment to all those involved so the folks are happy now.