• Tweets

• One of the things that we will need to discover through a statutory subject access request is how they verified the identity of this mystery person. Presumably that person couldn't actually give any ID so does that mean that the inspectors simply took her word for it? It will be useful to know the answers to these questions because all of these companies have duties to process your personal data accurately. If they failed to do that then they could be liable to you for the distress caused as well as any other damage. I'm just trying to envisage a scenario where a ticket inspector stops a young woman who then says that she's been travelling without a ticket. The inspector asks her her name and address and she gives the false name and address. The inspector then asks her to verify this by identification. The woman then says that she is not carrying anything with her. What happens at that point? How does it work? Does the inspector then have to take your word for it and warn her that she will be contacted with a possible sanction? If that's as far as it goes, then it seems a bit ridiculous to me that you stop somebody for travelling without a ticket – evident dishonesty. Then they give the controller their name and address which can't be verified and so the controller has to accept that and on that basis a procedure is started against the named person on the basis that the contact details which were given at the time must be true – even though that person has already demonstrated their dishonesty by travelling without a ticket. Or, are we going to find – if there is a statutory disclosure, that this person is travelling around with some documentation which identifies her as you, your husband or one of your two daughters? Which of course would be very much more serious. This is why we want a list of the rail companies – as much information as possible so that we can start forcing them to disclose information about how this all occurred. I will also be interested in sending an SAR to action fraud to see what they have done with your allegation which you made some time ago and about which you never heard anything further.
    • Evening all,   Right, just spoke to my SIL at length.....................   In response to Andy's question regarding T's & C's, that answer remains the same. The staff MORE cards and general public's cards both had the same T's & C's.   As for when he started the unofficial swiping practice, his best guesstimate is around September 2015.   Another development during our conversation, I asked him if he ever asked customers for their permission to swipe his card to claim their unclaimed points. He said he never actually asked but some regulars would forget their cards sometimes and tell him to take the points. Also, Stonegate would sometimes have promotions like half price food and drinks etc. However to claim the offer you had to have a MORE card. Again, if regulars had forgotten their MORE card he would use his for them to get the offers. I know this doesn't help his cause but in case its relevant I thought I'd offer it up.   I have impressed upon him the urgency of this now so if any more info is required just ask and I will get it.   Cheers
    • The company is called Robinson Way, it was a Barclaycard credit card.   I  moved about 12 months after Barclaycard stopped replying to my letters (re the charges, 2013) - so I did not tell them about my moving, but at the time of the original debt I was living back with my folks; so this most recent letter was sent to there, and my folks forwarded it to me - and likewise, if they had sent me anything in the interim it would have been forwarded to me.
    • I do agree with you.How sad I am right now . I wish I could go back. Mg7  
    • No way I will be doing this again. The way I’m feeling now. stealing doesn’t pay what I’m going through right now , it’s really hard. I wish I could have learned the first time. thank you for your help.   mg7  
  • Our picks

Capital one application question

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2335 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I applied for the classic card on Sunday 6th July, got accepted, they said "make room in your wallet, your card is on the way" said 7-10 days.

However, I have received no emails whatsoever, no PIN and no card as of yet.

Then this morning, I got a text message saying it was from Capital One and to call the applications team.

Has this happened before? I'm a bit worried about calling in case they have now declined me or in case it's not really a text from them.

I think we have seen this before - it is likely they just want to confirm something.. phone them and see what they have to say.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D