You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

squirrelly Whirley

IDS Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Remains

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2151 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Do you think he'll cry?

NoI think he'll be on this forum tomorrow complaining that his boss sacked him unfairly and didn't follow procedure! :lol:

Will he get JSA© ??? :smile:

No news so it looks like we're stuck with him ...

Think about it logically, he's made the job 'untenable' and made himself 'unemployable and lacking in compassion' so sadly I think we are stuck with him, I did hear he might be moved into the Foreign Secretary post - perhaps he can redeem himself there 'stopping the wrong people' come into this country.

yeah a few weeks ago it was clear they lost faith in him.

He offered to voluntarily cut the DWP budget even more, but funny enough the chancellor refused, perhaps realising they starting to get the wrong publicity on it.

My hero, the only man with the guts to take on the system and retract all these give-aways left to them by Gordon Brown and Liarbour. The country must live within it's means.

You know, Conniff, sometimes I think you really are just a wind-up merchant.

It's not a wind up. Someone has to get this escalating benefits culture under control, it is killing this country.

IDS is going nowhere....Esther Mcvey would be the likely replacement IF he were to go, but looking very unlikely he is going. Would shudder at the thought of Mcvey too. Wasn't she the one who said if you place disabled claimants money at the top of a ladder, they'd all manage to get up there and get it. Nasty nasty woman.

Been confirmed IDS is staying...no surprise at all there.

My hero, the only man with the guts to take on the system and retract all these give-aways left to them by Gordon Brown and Liarbour. The country must live within it's means.

Indeed, like Romanian Gypsies who are over here claiming child benefit, HB, JSA, WTC after paying NOTHING in to the system - yes, it is well under control.

Here was me thinking the UKs welfare state was for people who fell on hard times such as illness, redundancy etc not for foreigners to come in to the country and bleed the system dry (as well as health, education and housing)

Silly me!

It's not a wind up. Someone has to get this escalating benefits culture under control, it is killing this country.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/numbers - Spending on welfare has dropped over the last five years (£5.6Billoin by central government). Spend on pensions has increased by £33.2Billion in the same period. If you want make any worthwhile cut in the spend on benefits, the answer is simple. Cut the state pension and get rid of the OAPs.

Scrap the state pension, and you will save £110Billion (based on 2015 budget), reducing the ageing population will free up a large chunk of housing stock, and NHS spend will also fall.

Edited by Conniff
I have removed your silly remark tying me with the DM, I see no mention of it at all.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I would say you trolling but you are a staff member on this forum?

Maybe its just a lack of intelligence instead, because you appear to be saying the country can afford 100+ billion of tax cuts, writeoffs and bailouts but not the much smaller amount supposedbly saved by IDS. Not to mention brown and blair gave nothing away to the sick and disabled. Under their tenure IB and DLA was tightened up and ESA eventually introduced.

Comments such as benefits are killing this country is meaningless, its just a sweeping statement based on propaganda.

We launch an aircraft carrier for which we have no planes in order to fight an enemy that doesn't exist. We fight two discretionary wars that achieved nothing except chaos in the Middle East and a huge pile of corpses. We maintain, at great expense, a nuclear weapon that we'll never, ever use. We're running a deficit that isn't all that high by historical standards, and yet we blame the sick, disabled and unemployed for a crisis that's been entirely invented.

I want no further part of this. I'm voting "Yes".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Tories:

If you are rich, successful and pay high taxes you are OK by us.

Tories:

If you are unemployed, sick and rely on some help from money most have put in anyway - we want you to die

Parasites

never fear.........they will have another horrific experience lined up. however hopefully now it will be under closer scrutiny from day one.......

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/numbers - Spending on welfare has dropped over the last five years (£5.6Billoin by central government). Spend on pensions has increased by £33.2Billion in the same period. If you want make any worthwhile cut in the spend on benefits, the answer is simple. Cut the state pension and get rid of the OAPs.

Scrap the state pension, and you will save £110Billion (based on 2015 budget), reducing the ageing population will free up a large chunk of housing stock, and NHS spend will also fall.

Not a very sensibly thought out post. What would you like, euthanasia of everyone who reaches 65.

can you change your title . you had got my hopes up when reading the title of your thread, only to be dashed has he is not leaving.

can you change your title . you had got my hopes up when reading the title of your thread, only to be dashed has he is not leaving.

I don't think it matters who is in the job - they are singing the party tune, and shooting from the hip.

They will not do an about turn and admit they got it wrong, plus its a poisoned chalice, IDS is going nowhere so leave it to him to keep taking the flack is probably their motto.

Has anyone ever seen Conniff and IDS together?

Maybe that's the answer

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Moved to the Bear Garden for general discussion

Could be worse. Could have been Michael Gove. Now that would be scary.

Could be EVEN WORSE than that and have HAGUE!