style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could some please help me.

I am a manager and out of the blue a senior manager turned up and informed me she was here to conduct a fact finding meeting around allegations made against me.

2 were founded but I feel that I gave good reasons for my actions - but they happened one month ago.

The 3rd is definaltey a fabrication.

The minuting lasted 5 minutes and when I tried to show her evidence she didnt want to look and she was the one taking minutes, possibly 1 line for each.

Is this part of a discipilnary? I am making myself poorly thinking and thinking about it.

Hi

many thanks for your reply.

No she just said she was asked to gather the information for the director (we are a small company and he looks at all disciplinarys) I asked how long it would be before I knew what was happening and she said possibly 2 weeks.

It does sound as though it is a case of being seen to do something rather than actually getting stuck into a problem. Make sure that any further steps follow the acas code so proper notification of proper meeting, knowing waht you are supposed to have done wrong before meeting so you can give a considered response, having colleague/rep present etc.

Hi

Please can anyone help!

2 managers and HR turned up this morning and suspended me while doing investigations.

They have issed me with a letter stating 3 reasons why, I have already admitted 2, but dont see that they were serious, the other I cannot for the life of me recall, but what they are saying I do not think I would ever do.

I asked why I had been suspended and they say that it was difficult for me to be around when there are lots of people to talk to.

In March I went of with severve work related stress on Diazepam, propanolol and citrilipam just to get through a working day. I took the time as annual leave. I was also called. After I had annoyed another manager about complaining about his performance 'it was reported that he had started a witch hunt' from one of my staff and was called into to discuss this, no further action was taken.

Is there anyone who can advice (PM would be good)

Thanks

peggyann

Hi peggyann

It's against site rules to give advice by PM.

At the moment you've been suspended whilst an investigation is carried out. It is normal procedure. You will have the opportunity to rebuff any information they obtain during the investigation at a later date. It might be an idea to sit and plan what you are going to say if they do start disiplinary procedures, any mitigating circumstances your actions.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4227

Hi

Please can anyone help!

2 managers and HR turned up this morning and suspended me while doing investigations.

They have issed me with a letter stating 3 reasons why, I have already admitted 2, but dont see that they were serious, the other I cannot for the life of me recall, but what they are saying I do not think I would ever do.

I asked why I had been suspended and they say that it was difficult for me to be around when there are lots of people to talk to.

In March I went of with severve work related stress on Diazepam, propanolol and citrilipam just to get through a working day. I took the time as annual leave. I was also called. After I had annoyed another manager about complaining about his performance 'it was reported that he had started a witch hunt' from one of my staff and was called into to discuss this, no further action was taken.

Is there anyone who can advice (PM would be good)

Thanks

peggyann

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Now been suspended for over a week!

Feel so poorly hair falling out and not sleeping.

I know the job was getting disfficult and to keep on top of things was working 50 hours a week. Have on the whole had agood relationship with director until complained about another manager and down hill it went - 1 very proffesional member of staff came and spoke to me and she is concerned there is a witch hunt on me!!!, she right it doesnt stop.

Have forgot how to relax, switch off, sleep and laugh. It is now effecting my health.

Went to investigatry meeting yesterday and gave them my version of events and dont feel I did anything than try and keep the company complientant to regulations.

At the end of the meeting I asked them to negatiiate my resignation with references that show my exeptional work and commintment.

Would any decent boss do this? rather than GMC.

Thanks

Peggyann

Without knowing the exact allegations it is hard to tailor advice. BUT I have some generic advice below. Hope it helps.

1) I am concerned about your health. I would advise seeing a doctor urgently. Apart from being ill I am also concerned that you are not in the right frame of mind to manage your investigatory and disciplinary IF ONE happens

2) Do not go into these meetings alone. Use the right to be accompanied!!

3) Get copies of the notes - In the next meeting make sure you read them carefully before signing them. Ask for changes to be made if they do not reflect the main points of the meeting. If they refuse then write "I disagree that these are accurate and my requests for alterations were refused" or "Signed under duress"

4) Treat it as a paid holiday (Outside of your entitlement) Ask yourself how worrying is going to change the outcome. Use this time to prepare your self mentally and physically. Maybe seek advice from CAB

5) Lets not think about resignation. If you have handed in a letter I would advise recalling it on the grounds that you are not mentally well at the moment and were not of sound mind when you made the offer. (If backed up by the doctor this would have more strength) Company would not necessarily have to accept it though.

6) For your next meeting have some prep done.

a) List of the points being investigated as headers

b) Points of evidence or contention of their allegations and evidence.

c) any counter claims if applicable

d) Ask them what happens now

e) Request and agree the arrangements on you receiving a copy of the notes from the current meeting - make sure they are listed in the notes.

f) Remain calm.. If you feel you are loosing it, demand an adjournment so you can compose yourself.

g) If you are struggling at your job, have you received all the training you are meant to have received and even if so, is there any other training they can do to support you.

h) Mitigating circumstances - Excellent record attendance etc, how much you love the company and would like the opportunity to stay etc Ass Kissing Bit

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Sabresheep

Its a really long story and am so confused because I feel what I did was not wrong, just trying to ensure paperwork correct. No falisfication etc and why did it take 4 weeks to become a problem. They spoke to me on te Monday but didnt suspend me until Thursday after a very important meeting with outside proffesionals on teh wednesday and would have looked odd if not there. I still havent heard about the invistigation meeting held Thursday.

Unfortunatley there us no one I can take to disciplinary, so really worried.

Thanks

Peggyann

They have more research to do

They are busy with other things

Sometimes people are suspended for months - chill!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi

I have received statements - going for instant Dimissal, anyone answer the following please?

1. The statement relating to a phone call i had with a manger = phone conversation 6/5 reported 8/7

2. Incident I was reprted for doing 3 saff in very small (so couldnt miss anything = 1 staff say i did it, myself and other staff saying I didnt

Is there anything I can fight with?

Thanks

Peggyann

Hi Emmzzi

Sorry it should have read

3 staff in a very small area - so actions could not be missed.

Both count of the disciplinary I am disputing as they did not happen.

Thanks

Peggyann

Ok. So, have you asked them to take statements from the staff who did see you doing the thing you were meant to do?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Yes, I now have copies of all statements.

The staff there was myself - who totally denies i did the actions. Two others were senior staff, the one who made the complaint ( 1 month after the incident) states i did it, the other said she has not knoweledge and cannot recall me doing such a thing.

I just thinks its odd that both allegations happened 1 and 2 months before the allegations were made.

Thanks

Peggyann