Israel/Palestine conflict explained in 3 minutes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/this_land_is_mine/

No politics please, i posted this link up as nobody even knows why people are even fighting anymore in its simplistic form

It shows how much the human race still needs to grow up and put our petty differences aside.

Enjoy its true meaning, and remember

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's israel?

Is it that land stolen from the Palestinians who were then relegated to the gaza strip and bombed daily?

Not an official country.

Only exists because usa and uk are their friends.

And before you say I'm antisemitic, i don't care what race people are, i just despise bullies

Here is how to resolve it

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

What's israel?

Is it that land stolen from the Palestinians who were then relegated to the gaza strip and bombed daily?

Not an official country.

Only exists because usa and uk are their friends.

And before you say I'm antisemitic, i don't care what race people are, i just despise bullies

Someone needs to take in a bit of history.

There has never been a civilization or a nation referred to as "Palestine" and the very notion of a "Palestinian Arab nation" having ancient attachments to the Holy Land going back to time immemorial is one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated upon the world!

There is not, nor has there ever been, a distinct "Palestinian" culture or language. Further, there has never been a Palestinian state governed BY Arab Palestinians in history, nor was there ever a serious Arab-Palestinian national movement until 1964... three years BEFORE the Arabs of "Palestine" lost the "West Bank" and Gaza as a result of losing the 1967 Six-Day War (which the Arabs started).

As much as I loathe Katie Price, and hate the way she's manipulated the press I don't think we can put this one on her....

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Jordan stole half of the old British protectorate of Palestine, why doesnt Hamas ask for help recovering Transjordan from the Jordanians?.

Now then, back to the fighting, whose turn is it to claim tit-for-tat?

Having had personal experience as a 22 year old Jewish soldier way back in 1967 I hope with all sincerity that the world

will support Israel against Muslim fanaticism which is now worldwide and threatens all non Muslims in every country.

Been there, seen it, got the Bloody tea shirt!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Having had personal experience as a 22 year old Jewish soldier way back in 1967 I hope with all sincerity that the world

will support Israel against Muslim fanaticism which is now worldwide and threatens all non Muslims in every country.

Been there, seen it, got the Bloody tea shirt!!

So there is someone else who sees the rockets in their thousand heading into Israel after all, I thought I was the only one. No one ever seems to mention what is happening against Israel, even UN Secretary General Wanky Poo has criticised Israeli with no mention at all of the Ham

Israel didn't start this and all the rest of the world talks about is getting a ceasefire only for Hamas to get themselves reorganised and start it all over again. This time, let them finish the job.

I feel sorry for the innocent getting killed and injured, but they are the ones who let Hamas in.

We shouldn't be so serious in the bear garden... I find all the fighting really silly, people killing other people over who's made up god is better.

The Bible, The Qur'an and the Tanakh are all great books, whos true meaning have been perverted by mankind who has little knowledge of the intended true meanings of the books as they are now trying to substitute meanings into modern life. Even amongst leaders of the same faith they cannot agree what the real meanings are of their teachings.

Time for another Tim Minchin video I think....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYchB7Kxuvs

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

So there is someone else who sees the rockets in their thousand heading into Israel after all, I thought I was the only one. No one ever seems to mention what is happening against Israel, even UN Secretary General Wanky Poo has criticised Israeli with no mention at all of the Ham

Israel didn't start this and all the rest of the world talks about is getting a ceasefire only for Hamas to get themselves reorganised and start it all over again. This time, let them finish the job.

I feel sorry for the innocent getting killed and injured, but they are the ones who let Hamas in.

I left service in the UK to fight for what was right at that point and right in my feelings, when I said "bloody tee shirt" it was literal!

We saw back then what these "Palestinians" would do, women and in particular female children used as "human shields" just as they do today.

Agreeing to cease fires then within minutes firing rockets an mortars indiscriminately at civilian areas.>

My heart does not bleed for "Palestinian" losses it bleeds for a world threatened by Islamic domination.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I think there are more sinners than saints on either side. They need a two state solution, but they are not going to be able to achieve that with Hamas on one side and an over reaction by Israeli defence forces on the other. This seems to happen every few years.

To comply with international law on proportionality, IDF should only be targetting the Hamas rocket sites. Unless Hamas are using hospitals and childrens playgrounds, I am not sure why they have fired on those.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think there are more sinners than saints on either side. They need a two state solution, but they are not going to be able to achieve that with Hamas on one side and an over reaction by Israeli defence forces on the other. This seems to happen every few years.

To comply with international law on proportionality, IDF should only be targetting the Hamas rocket sites. Unless Hamas are using hospitals and childrens playgrounds, I am not sure why they have fired on those.

Uncle B. see post 10.

The "Palastinians " will use any means hide weapons schools hospitals and lines of children in front of their "soldiers" in the for of a human shield.

The BBC news is on as I type this , should I say the British Biased Corporation???

What triggered the recent actions? The kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers and then there was the retaliation, the murder of a Palestinian teenager. It will all calm down when both sides have had enough of the bloodshed and engage in meaningful talks.

Here's the history:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel#State_of_Israel_.281948.E2.80.93present.29

Religion only fills the answers the questions that science cannot explain. As our knowledge of science grows, the world of religion shrinks. As soon as we know everything about the universe, the problem will be solved :-(

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

What triggered the recent actions? The kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers and then there was the retaliation, the murder of a Palestinian teenager. It will all calm down when both sides have had enough of the bloodshed and engage in meaningful talks.

Here's the history:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel#State_of_Israel_.281948.E2.80.93present.29

The latest events may have been caused by the murder of the three young men, but Hamas have never kept any cease fire/truce completely, there is calm for a few day then the rockets start afresh, should Israel sit back and accept this I think not.

This all stems from how the state of Israel came into being, it didn't suddenly just appear, so there are historical issues, the Palestinians feel deeply aggrieved. And I'm not for one minute saying that launching rockets is right or acceptable.

The latest events may have been caused by the murder of the three young men, but Hamas have never kept any cease fire/truce completely, there is calm for a few day then the rockets start afresh, should Israel sit back and accept this I think not.

Too many historical issues, which makes it a very complex situation. E.g http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

At some stage if it is at all possible, they are going to have to draw a line and say forget about the past. Lets try to find a way that Israelis and Palestinians can live side by side, without these troubles, where nobody feels secure.

If they fail to do this, I fear that the middle east will have a major war on their hands, with the US dragged in to protect Israel. Some governments in the region are pretty weak and they have allowed terrorist groups to take over. Some of these groups are now the size of small armies, with all the armaments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

In his hostile interview with Israeli spokesman Mark Regev on Channel 4 News, Jon Snow

accused Israel of being ‘too cowardly’ to talk to Hamas.

He was obviously not aware that when Hamas became the democratically elected government

of Gaza in 2007, Israel, witht the support of the UN, US, EU, UK and Egypt, invited them to the

negotiating table?

It sounds as if he was not aware that Israel, with the support of other countries, had made several

attempts since then? Is he not aware that Hamas has refused point-blank on every occasion?

It seems he is not aware of the clause in the Hamas Charter (Article 13) that rejects the possibility

of any negotiations with Israel or, indeed, any other country that stands in its way?

And is he not aware that the objectives of Hamas, clearly stated in Article 7 of their Charter, include

the total obliteration of Israel?

A journalist of Mr Snow’s standing and experience should have been aware of this, especially given

his previous involvement as chairman in the early days with Independent Jewish Voice, a bunch of

Left-wing, anti-Israel ‘intellectuals’ in whose eyes the Palestinians/Arabs can do no wrong (a bit like

the ‘useful idiots’—to use Stalin’s epithet for those who supported him in the West as he murdered

millions of people). If he was aware of all this but chose to ignore the facts, does this not imply prejudice?

Ignorance or prejudice? Is never acceptable in a high-profile news programme whose responsibility is

to ensure that viewers are fully and properly informed of the facts?

In his hostile interview with Israeli spokesman Mark Regev on Channel 4 News, Jon Snow

accused Israel of being ‘too cowardly’ to talk to Hamas.

He was obviously not aware that when Hamas became the democratically elected government

of Gaza in 2007, Israel, witht the support of the UN, US, EU, UK and Egypt, invited them to the

negotiating table?

It sounds as if he was not aware that Israel, with the support of other countries, had made several

attempts since then? Is he not aware that Hamas has refused point-blank on every occasion?

It seems he is not aware of the clause in the Hamas Charter (Article 13) that rejects the possibility

of any negotiations with Israel or, indeed, any other country that stands in its way?

And is he not aware that the objectives of Hamas, clearly stated in Article 7 of their Charter, include

the total obliteration of Israel?

A journalist of Mr Snow’s standing and experience should have been aware of this, especially given

his previous involvement as chairman in the early days with Independent Jewish Voice, a bunch of

Left-wing, anti-Israel ‘intellectuals’ in whose eyes the Palestinians/Arabs can do no wrong (a bit like

the ‘useful idiots’—to use Stalin’s epithet for those who supported him in the West as he murdered

millions of people). If he was aware of all this but chose to ignore the facts, does this not imply prejudice?

Ignorance or prejudice? Is never acceptable in a high-profile news programme whose responsibility is

to ensure that viewers are fully and properly informed of the facts?

I totally agree Coniff!

The media TV/Press is anti Israel. I don't think Snow was " uninformed " he was just spouting a " prepared script" damning Israel.

When these journalists do an interview, the idea is that they put an argument to the person they are interviewing. They don't go into all the history of what has happened, as that would be far too long for a news programme.

If they interview someone in support of Israel, they will put the argument of the other side and if they interview someone from Hamas, they will put a more Israeli point of view to them.

I am totally neutral on this issue and from what I have seen the media have been generally pretty balanced.

If they don't find a way to resolve the situation, so Israel and Palestinians can live side by side, then at some stage I can see a major war in the region.

Irsael may have genuine greivances, but their precision bombing leaves a lot to be desired, why didn't they sort the tunnels out before the latest conflict? They knew about them. They have left themselves open to accusations of 'War Crimes'?

I am afraid I have absolutely no sympathy for the state of Israel. Please don't misunderstand, I have lots of sympathy for all the people killed in the aggression and the comment is not anti Semitic . Frankly they have the technology but seem quite happy to kill who families for the sake of killing one terrorist (or freedom fighter depending on your view point). They have let or even encouraged people to build on land that is outside internationally recognised borders and then complain when it causes uproar. What did we do when Argentina invaded the Falklands. We complain like hell when the Spanish increase presence on the Gibraltar border .

It is all utter madness.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

" then at some stage I can see a major war in the region."

Which Israel will win.

A bit distasteful, because any 'win' would only come about after many thousands of innocents had died and Israel would not be secure.

I don't think I would want to be living in that region at the moment.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks