Recieved letter from BC 1 week ago EE 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I received a letter from BC regarding a "debt" I have with EE for £350~

The letter threatens court action and tries to scare me with added court and solicitor fees if I don't pay.

This is my first "debt" so I'm quite new to this whole process.

This debt has arisen from a miscommunication made between Carphone Warehouse and EE that resulted in the cancellation of my mobile contract against my will. As such, I don't believe I owe any money. So far I've told Fredrickson (around February) the story and they suspended harassment for a while and have come back to me saying the debts are in order and will be pursued once more. They did not provide any evidence of debts.

What are your suggestions as I'm utterly clueless as to how to proceed.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

A simple letter to mr. Carter (deliberate small 'm') informimg him that as the account is still diputed, you will vigourously defend any action he chooses to take and to place this account on hold while you dispute it with Carphone Warehouse and EE.

I take it you went into a CW shop and took out a contract phone with EE so initially I would be contacting both CW and EE with complaints about this matter.

Can you give a little more detail of how this error came about.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the reply, Silver.

I took out a contact phone, all was well, the phone broke while I was away in another county for a week.

As I needed the phone for obvious reasons, but would not be in the area long enough to make using a courtesy handset feasible, we deliberated on options and I decided to take out a 2nd contract, this time with O2, under the impression that we were able to transfer my EE number to O2 and assign a new number to my EE sim, with the intention of running both contracts to term, side by side.

What happened was the number transferred to O2 as planned and upon my return to my home address I found a letter from EE. I thought it likely to be a replacement SIM with a new number/same contract so left it a month unopened while I waited for my phone to come back from repair. Once opened I found it to be a demand for money for cancellation of contract.

transfer my EE number to O2 and assign a new number to my EE sim

If this was agreed with EE then there should be a record of this somewhere. Perhaps a SAR to EE? (or did you do this through CW?)

Did you try and dispute this at the time? If not, why not?

When a customer requests a PAC code, this usually means that you wish to cancel one contract and transfer the number to a new phone and once that process is complete the first contract ends.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Sorry for the delayed reply. I disputed at the time but got nowhere, eventually refusing to pay.

I have since refused to pay Fredrickson and explained why.

Who do I send the SAR to, EE or Fredrickson?

Any further advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The SAR goes to EE as Freds will have very little

In the SAR you want ALL data they hold, not what they want to send you.

You want phone logs, emails and letters sent/received; account data including screenshots of any action taken and a code sheet to ensure that you can understand what they mean.

I think the key question here is who said you could port your number to O2 and then have a different number in its place on your EE contract?

If EE, then the complaint is with them, if CPW then it is with them, or if it was an assumption on your behalf then would be your own mistake. IMO, the organisation to pursue a complaint against and send SARs, etc would be determined by the answer to this question.