OPC Wolverhampton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice required please.

I was using my dad's car and overstayed my 2 hours on a FREE retail car park.

Obviously, it's my dad who received the speculative invoice for £50/£100 and is keen to pay it. I have offered to contest it for him but it's complicated my the fact I am not the registered keeper.

What is the current likelihood of success? Is Not a Genuine Pre-estimate of Loss defence successful these days? To me it's certainly unreasonable.

Would you advise them of the actual driver? Or just keep it generic? We have the same surname i.e. Mr XXXXX

The letter states £300 as a result of not paying. Would this be an accurate figure if it did/didn't go to court?

Thanks.

Advice required please.

I was using my dad's car and overstayed my 2 hours on a FREE retail car park.

Obviously, it's my dad who received the speculative invoice for £50/£100 and is keen to pay it. I have offered to contest it for him but it's complicated my the fact I am not the registered keeper.

What is the current likelihood of success? Is Not a Genuine Pre-estimate of Loss defence successful these days? To me it's certainly unreasonable.

Would you advise them of the actual driver? Or just keep it generic? We have the same surname i.e. Mr XXXXX

The letter states £300 as a result of not paying. Would this be an accurate figure if it did/didn't go to court?

Thanks.

What was the date of the parking event?

What date did the reg keeper receive the charge notice?

so, number plate capture we presume. If that is the case you can infiorm the parking company that you were the driver and to address all corespondence to yourself at a serviceable address in the UK.

You might as well send your appeal in with this notice of driver's address and have done with it. Just state that you do n ot believe that the charge represents the parking co's loss and say that it is therefore an unlawful penalty. et them reject your aappeal and give you the POPLA code where you can go further with your argumants and demand sight of their contract with landowner giving permission to claim in their own name for losses and the not GPEOL argument covered in many posts here.

If they continue to write to your father as RK complain in writing to the BPA and copy complaint to POPLA and parking co that they are not only deliberately breaching the protocols of the PoFA but also you are minded to make a complaint of attempted fraud in this regard.

Interesting history to these herberts....

After the appeal to them by the reg keeper/driver, then with the correctly worded appeal to POPLA, there will be a ' no show ' from them.

And a win for you.

Thanks for the info both. Did originally construct a letter doing both but changed my mind in order to keep it simple. Presume this is still okay though?

Alternative address is legit.