• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tories discuss stripping benefits claimants who refuse treatment

dyfed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not the case that Work Programme Providers are obliged through their advisers to provide such support and help to claimants referred to them as is appropriate to the individual needs of said claimants?

If claimants have particular physical or mental issues that need to be taken into consideration in determining the sort of support and help they need does it not follow that advisers generally should be trained to recognise and appreciate the existence of such issues and either give the appropriate help and support themselves or direct claimants to where more adequate or qualified support can be offered?

Where medically qualified professionals have diagnosed specific health issues relating to a claimant and prescribed remedy it can’t be right that an adviser or anyone else without the appropriate qualifications can overturn such diagnosis, prognosis and prescription.

Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights states:

Article 3

Right to the integrity of the person

1. Everyone has the right to respect for his or her physical and mental integrity.

2. In the fields of medicine and biology, the following must be respected in particular:

(a) the free and informed consent of the person concerned, according to the procedures laid down by law;

Section 6(1) of The Human Rights Act 1998 a UK law states:

Acts of public authorities.

It is unlawful for a public authority to act in a way which is incompatible with a Convention right.

I thank God that I don’t suffer from any of the physical or mental health conditions that many who have contributed here have to bear daily and I don’t claim to understand or know all the answers but I have one proposal that may be worth considering.

If all claimants prepared a letter to be handed to any and all such people as claim to know what is best for them it might put an end to the sort of abusive and insulting treatment we keep reading about.

The letter could be something along the lines;

To whom it may concern.

Be advised that I, (your name), request that you consider carefully and bear in mind my particular medical condition and needs while fulfilling your obligations to provide me with the individualised support both yourself and the organisation you represent have contracted to provide.

(Include details of medical condition)

Failure on your part to comply with this request could result in both yourself and the organisation that you represent being liable for breach of UK law as well as the European Convention on Human Rights.

Any deterioration in my physical or mental condition resulting from my taking part in any mandatory activities proposed by you will result in my taking action for compensatory redress.

One could also insist that any letter of mandation should contain a statement to the effect that one's letter has been received, read and understood.

I know it might be easier for me to suggest this course of action than it would be for some with the sort of medical conditions quoted to undertake. I only put it forward as a proposal that might make the buggers who persecute you think.

Is it not the case that Work Programme Providers are obliged through their advisers to provide such support and help to claimants referred to them as is appropriate to the individual needs of said claimants?

Supposedly. From experience, they don't. It didn't matter how many times they were told as per the Equalities Act 2010, they have to make reasonable adjustments, they ignored my request. They then went one stage further and claim that the people involved in my care and diagnoses, were liars.

My GP was not pleased.

Lapsed,

I am sure you are right but at the risk of being told off for being political it all comes down to money. They get a fee for each person they take on and a fee for each person they get into work. It is targets targets targets so some do not give two hoots (polite version) about the individual , its get them in get them in a job get paid. I would be interested to know if they get any extra payment for getting people off the jobless total or in other words getting them sanctioned

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Many MH sufferers have duel diagnosis. The nasty party have not thought about that.

Some also have physical disabilities. They may also be on other treatment which may interfere with some prescribed forms of treatment.

Lapsed,

I am sure you are right but at the risk of being told off for being political it all comes down to money. They get a fee for each person they take on and a fee for each person they get into work. It is targets targets targets so some do not give two hoots (polite version) about the individual , its get them in get them in a job get paid. I would be interested to know if they get any extra payment for getting people off the jobless total or in other words getting them sanctioned

They don't get paid merely for getting someone sanctioned, no. That would be too big a conflict of interest even for the present government.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

given where I am now, health regressed a lot in past few weeks, and fighting the NHS for treatment.

I can see myself cracking, I already have had suicide issues in the past, but I am starting to get those thoughts again, currently not got benefit issues, but if one pops up now I can see myself cracking.

Nystagmite...I agree there...I have bipolar and a physical condition which has many symptoms which affect me in so many ways, it would be like a massive mangled ball of wool to untangle to anyone not qualified and fully understanding it all to even treat. It has taken me some 10 yrs to finally get the meds and diagnosis right on all of it.

Well it would be wrong of me to ignore someone who says they are having suicidal thoughts . Sadly online I know nothing about you so can not offer any practical help except urge you to use the services available

Thanks Antone

Shows just how cynical I am becoming

Under the circumstances, cynicism is not unreasonable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well it would be wrong of me to ignore someone who says they are having suicidal thoughts . Sadly online I know nothing about you so can not offer any practical help except urge you to use the services available

right now I am not, but my mental outlook has dipped a ton, but yeah thanks for the concern.

Sadly my GP's are not offering any services that require a referral.

I think there are certain services you can self refer to but I am not sure.

Do you know why your mental health has deteriorated, is there something specific that maybe you could find help for

I remember my wife when she was having bad days/weeks / There was nothing you could say or do that would get her out of it and she became a little woe is me and don't I deserve to be depressed although to be fair she had had a pretty ****ty life through no real fault of her own.

simply due to lack of hope, physical health problems restricting my daily activites with no help in sight.

in the past it happened due to that combined with anxiety of losing benefits.

its back now as my health has regressed a lot in the past few weeks.

I guess as long as they don't expect people to magically find a job whilst getting treatment. It makes sense for people to TRY & get help for themselves.

A percentage of people may find it does help them.

Or have I been watching too much of the Speakmans miracle cures on tv this week....

But the waiting lists for help are too long. And then there's people for which the help they need doesn't actually exist. And the help given doesn't work.

Yes, the concern is that people will be pushed into inappropriate therapy, without the approval of a mental health professional familiar with their care.

However, as I said before, if more resources are put into treatments that people do need and have been waiting for, then that would be a good thing.

as long as there is no threat involved - any treatment is far less likely to successful with a large stick waiting to fall.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

So does this mean that all the cutbacks which affected the available "help and treatment" will now be reinstated.......or is it to be a needle in a haystack hunt the treatment plan, while your unwell.

And I also heard via the site I don't use as I wont pay for membership, but still get emails as I found that before I came here and stayed, that they are getting reports of mass alleged dwp tactics to report esa and pip claimants for fraud to lower the number of claimants............

Ruby

I have also had that email. I can not comment on the validity of the claim but I would have thought we would have seen more ESA claimants coming to groups like this for help if that was the case.

As for the rest of it, as of yet it is a thought so no action has been taken . I try not to worry about what hasn't happened yet

This exchange in the House of Commons during Health Questions yesterday might help to quash the rumours that the originator of this thread warned about.

Luciana Berger (Liverpool, Wavertree) (Lab/Co-op):

I listened carefully to what the Minister said in answer to the Chair of the Health Committee, the hon. Member for Totnes (Dr Wollaston), but will he clarify that there is no truth to reports that the Government are considering plans that would mean people with mental illness having their benefits stopped if they refused treatment? Rather than people refusing treatment, are not the increasing shortage of beds and ever longer treatment delays under this Government the real reasons why people are not receiving the help that they desperately need?

The Minister of State, Department of Health (Norman Lamb):

I can confirm, as I already have done, that there is no truth in the rumour. Indeed, in August we anticipate publishing the start of trial programmes to bring together IAPT—improving access to psychological therapies—with Jobcentre Plus. The idea of ensuring that people who are out of work and have mental health problems get access to psychological therapies is incredibly important, and I am very excited about the pilots that we will launch in August.

Might be advisable to look out for details of this new scheme all the same.

My husband has been referred for cbt through iapt - so far it involved an assessment by someone I felt was not terribly good, and he has been offered to go to a course explaining cbt while he is waiting for sessions to start. He is pretty severe, so I'm not optimistic how much help it will be - like many with mental health issues, he wants to try anything if it might help him feel better and function better. He doesn't claim ESA, so it is not through JCP, but is through iapt, so the process may be similar for ESA claimants on the scheme.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop