Nolands for old cydesdale OD .court claim Need Help ** SCOTLAND **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day

I am hoping you can Help me.

I had an overdraft with the Clysdale Bank for £3000 many years back and

suddenly they took it off of me demanding I repay it at £200 a month

then decided to go £100.

Neither I could afford and I had no choice but ignor it .

They sold it on and on and on and at one stage I got offered a 50% discount. If only I had the money.

Its now owned by ME III Limited Marline House.

I think it may be over six years old now and I have never paid a penny to wards it.

I do remember we did ask the Clysdale Bank through a debt advisor

to give us time to sort all my debts but they just were one of the worceand as I remember refused.

I need some help and wondered how I find out if it is a Bared Debt.

I have read stuff on here but all beyond me.

No one wants to be in debt and I think most off us if we could would have sorted ourselfs.

Please advice needed.

Edited by tactical

Hi, have you received a claim form from the court ?

In respect of statute barring. When was the last time you made payments to the account ? Did you receive a demand or default notice from the bank prior to them selling on the account.

If a claim has been issued against you, then please have a read of the following link. Provide us with all the information requested and post the answers in this thread as soon as possible. We can then advise further.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you're not certain of the dates, but believe that it could be Statute Barred, then do a Subject Access Request to the bank which will get you all the details you need to ascertain the dates.

There is a template letter for you to use here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

You will have to enclose £10 with your request.

Thank you I will go and read it and post info.

Really worried as I have £9000 on my mortgage arrears another long story

which my solicitor tells me I can fight for the fees back only once I pay it off. How unfair

I have been paying them on an agreement and are holding on.

This could so easly Knock us down again.

There demanding 8% interests and costs . which planet are these nasty prople on.

Will get back to you both with info you asked for . thank you for your quick reply :-) .

yes Scotland . Clysdale was the first bank to call my overdraft in all thoughs years ago. Just like that. I waspaying the interest and managing to keep it below the £3000 but they didnt care. No customer suport. Nasty bank .

Ah righto, if you are in Scotland then if you havent paid for over 6 years, then it might well be statute barred. But provide us with the information requested and we can take from there.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you can depersonalise and upload it to the forum, that would be good. You need to convert images to pdf format.

BCOBS

it is a small claims summons i have resevied with a return date of 8/8/14 and a hearing date of 22/8/14.

i took out the overdraft on the 13/11/96 and the claim is for 2810.23 with interest of 8% annually from the date of service together with expenses.

I will pass this information on to the site team for you. As this is a Scottish Claim, I have no understanding.

BCOBS

Ah righto, if you are in Scotland then if you havent paid for over 6 years, then it might well be statute barred. But provide us with the information requested and we can take from there.

5 years in Scotland

Thank you very much CitizenB . I thought that these companys would never go after me after reading my credit file. I just struggle on hoping to survive it all. Young family so real concentrated on the mortgage and other bills that affect their lifes . thanks again . We will try send the document to you. thanks again

If it can be proved that the debt is SB'd (more than 5 years without acknowledgement or payments since CoA) then the debt does not exist in any shape or form - SCOTLAND ONLY

Therefore it is important to verify the dates as Conniff suggested in post #3, so get the SAR off pronto. They then have 40 days from receipt to supply all information requested. Although the information may not be with you in time.....

Would following this be of any help to tactical: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?255329-CPR-part-18-vs-CPR-31.14-Confused-well-read-here

In the meantime can you scan, or type out verbatim, what is stated on the demand or answer the questions from http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...TED-April-2014**

Do we still have Idainfife or Maroondevo on site-team and can admin ask them to pop-in?

P.S. I am Scottish but NOT legally trained so information is based on my understanding only

The following may be of assistance in responding to the Summary Cause.

[ATTACH]52145[/ATTACH]

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

why not ring Clydesdale and ask the last payment date

or when they called the debt in.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please make sure you read the document linked in andyorch's post #15 and ensure you stick to any court deadlines.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all.

A quick update.

Sent of to Clysdale Bank the original Debt holder before they sold it on

and got a letter requesting my signature and date of birth to prove who I was.

This I replyed with and today they sent me another letter telling me they cannot find any accounts from the information that I provided.

They are now requesting old addresses and any changed names.

I have been in my current house for over five years and are wondering if they have lost my information.

What next?

Do I give them more?

tactical

You could forward the following to the pursuing Solicitor and see how they respond as it is up to them to prove that the debt exists.

If this fails and you are liable you can apply for a Debt payment Programme under the terms of the Debt Arrangement Scheme (Scotland) Regulations.

This blocks any enforcement action, Stops al interest and charges even the 8% Statutory and allows you up to ten years to repay with no admin fees.

Dear Sir/Madam Your Ref

I refer to yourcorrespondence dated the XXXXXXX , for ease of reference a copy is attached.

In response, I would ask youto consider the following points:

1) This alleged debt has now prescribed under the Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 as the debt has subsisted for a continuous period of five years-

(a) Without any relevant claim having been made in relation to the obligation,

And

(b) Without subsistence of the obligation having being relevantly acknowledged,

Then as from the expiration of that period the obligation shall be extinguished

A relevant acknowledgement in a consumer credit contract would normally be an unequivocal written admission by the debtor

that the debt still exists or by making payments to the debt

I would further advise you t at in Scotland unlike England and Wales the debt is totally extinguished and ceases to exist.

Unless you have contrary and irrefutable proof to the above we would ask that you refrain from making anyfurther claims.

I look forward to your detailed written response in advance of the pending court action.

Yours faithfully

GOOD LUCK

Sorry for the delay in responding as I couldn't find the original post due to a problem with my laptop e-mails.

I would send the SB letter to the pursuing solicitor by recorded delivery and see how they respond as it is then up to them to prove that the debt exits.

I would also ask for proof assignment, this will force the solicitor to obtain the information from Marlin in prove that they have right to raise the action.. By recorded delivery.

If the information is not provided before the hearing, provide copies of correspondence to the court and seek continuation on these grounds.

It may be that the bank no longer hold records due to the age of the debt, however this in itself brings us back to the SB question. If you have not acknowledged the debt IN WRITING OR MADE PAYMENT in the past 5 years THE DEBT DOES NOT EXIST in any shape or form.

Crocdoc thanks for you help. I have sent that off today. Should I send the Bank any more information to aid their search or should I write back and ask how it is possible for them to not be able to find the infomation on me or just leave it and get my £10 back ? tactical