Mis Sold Hol with Thomas Cook

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just looking for a little help/advice.

I have just returned from a 2 week All Inclusive holiday with Thomas Cook.

My complaint with them is that they miss sold us the holiday.

The jist of the complaint is that we booked 2 separate rooms as a party of 6.

We booked a Junior Suite for 2 adults and a Suite for 3 adults and a child at the hotel.

We were told/the description online/pictures all claim that the junior suite is "Junior Suites

(3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child, plus cot) have twin beds, integrated living room, air conditioning, flat-screen satellite TV,

safety deposit box (payable locally), Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, coffee-maker, kettle, toaster, microwave, hairdryer,

bathroom with shower, and balcony or terrace with land view."

This room was fine and was infact upgraded to a Suite on arrival.

The second room we booked was a Suite whice online in travel agent etc was described as "suites (2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child, plus cot)

are as Junior Suites but larger with a separate bedroom with land or sea view.

Land View Family Suites, as Suites with bottle warmer, puree blender, baby monitors, high chair, baby bath"

The description on the hotel website for a Suite says "as Junior Suite, and additional with seperate bedroom"

Due to this we expected and were told a suite would have the twin beds etc in the main toom and a separate bedroom this wasnt the case.

The only beds are in the separate bedroom so an adult had to sleep on a couch and a child on a pull out floor level drawer from under the couch!!

We complained onsite to our rep who agreed and offered us £160 compensation and a free excurstion this was turned down by ourselves.

Our complaint will be that and adult and a 14 year old had to sleep on a couch and a pull out bed instead of the twin beds as advertised,

ther was then no seating area for 4 people. No area to get dressed, store clothes for the people not in the bedroom etc.

I just want other peoples opinions to see if this would be classed as being mis sold before I take it further with Thomas Cook.

To make it worse after complaining to the rep on 27th June (2nd day of hols as she wasnt there 1st day)

the TC website & hotel website still havent been edited!!!

thanks in advance.

Lisa

(PICTURE OF JUNIOR SUITE ATTACHED IF I HAVE DONE IT PROPERLY!)

"

Thanks I will have a look on them.

Determined to get something from them we were away for my parents 50th Birthdays and it put a downer on the whole thing!

Thats the complaint all sent off! Emailed a copy to Peter Fankhauser and posted recorded delivery to the address supplied on back of complaint form issued in resort.

I will let you know how I get on.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...