Claim issued against me by Quid Market***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Here we go again, this time Quid Market.

A little bit of background info first, loan taken out September 2013 due for repayment September 2013. Struggled to pay it back and as with all my creditors wrote to them advising them of my situation making an offer of a monthly payment that was affordable.

Various emails back and forth, eventually I commence a monthly payment in February of this year. I make the monthly payments, to date I have made 5 monthly payments including one after the claim was issued. During this time i did receive a few emails asking me to pay more and when I was going to clear the account. I replied stating I was paying the most I could. I thought no more of it, I then receive an email from the legal department stating they could no longer accept my payment offer as I had not filled in the Income and expenditure form. I replied stating I had never been asked to fill one in, but I was happy to do so.

Two days after replying to the email I receive another from the legal department stating a claim had been issued. details below

Issue Date: 20th June 2014

Particulars of claim:

Repayment of short term loan paid direct into the defendants bank account on 05/09/2013. Repayment due 30/09/2013, loan not repaid on due date by defendant as per loan agreement. Proactive written and telephone attempts to communicate with defendant has failed to achieve resolution, repayment or acceptable repayment plan. As per our loan agreement a daily rate of interest has been charged since default.

Amount Claimed £384.44 + costs of £35.00

Acknowledgement of service filed 3rd July I intend to defend all of this claim.

To be honest I was a bit miffed, can't understand why they would issue a claim when I'm making monthly payments, seems a bit naughty to me!

Were your £5.00 per month payments every agreed with Quid MArket or did you just decide to start making them?

Thanks for the reply, I didn't mention anything about the payment amount!! they were happy to accept it and were accepting it until there legal dept said no because I hadn't supplied an income/expenditure form. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to pay back what I owe, I just think it's wrong to take court action when I'm paying what I can afford

Thanks Andy, i will submit 14 days before.

On a different note i also have an outstanding loan with Quidmarket, been paying them every month for the last 5 months £5.00 per month. Today i received an email saying a claim had been issued against me and to expect court papers in the next couple of days. This is despite me paying them every month, there saying im not paying enough.

Will start another thread when i get the claim, more grief!!

*Ahem*

Hi All,

Draft defence below, would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

1: It is accepted the Claimant did pay a short term loan into the defendants account on 05/09/2013.

2: It is accepted the repayment due date was 30/09/2013.

3: It is denied that I have failed to meet the repayment terms and conditions. It is denied that the claimant has made proactive written and telephone attempts to communicate with me. It is further denied that resolution, repayment or an acceptable repayment plan has not been reached. The defendant is currently and has made regular monthly payments, for the last 6 months to the claimant. These payments have taken into account the defendants other commitments and have been offered pro-rata.

4: Claimant has failed to adhere to Practice Direction - Pre action Protocol section 7, sub section 7.1(1) therefore not allowing the defendant sufficient time to respond before any claim is issued. It is the defendants belief that this claim has been issued to further increase the alleged debt unnecessarily.

5: It is denied that the defendant is in debt to the value claimed and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) Show how the defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant and,

b) Show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for and,

c) Show how the breech occurred and how they attempted and resolution.

6: As per civil procedure rule 16.5 (4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

7: By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you give us some more information on this, did they supply all the necessary documents etc,

Has this gone before a judge yet etc?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi not been before a judge yet, only just had mediation which failed to agree a resolution. Since mediation the creditor has contacted me and asked me to complete an income and expenditure form with a view to accepting monthly payments, they want to know pretty much everything and want 3 months worth of payslips.

No no no... Only if a judge requests it are you to complete a I&E... also the same for those payslips :p

But for they sake of the stage it's at, it might be worth completing a I&E form from the Money Advice Service / Stepchange.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Make sure you still follow the court timetable. They are still looking to get a judgement against you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 months later...

Did they discontinue the claim? You need to make sure they discontinued or similar otherwise a CCJ will be entered against you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Not as such, they hadn't paid the hearing fee by the date specified in the directions and still haven't so it should be removed from the hearing list. Last I checked with the court it was still listed but i will check again end of the week. I have it in writing that they are not proceeding with the claim. I'm mindful that the case is scheduled for a hearing on the 28th but I'm sure it will be removed from the listing.

Never go by what they say,. You need confirmation from the court that it has been discontinued. Use the letter they sent to advise the court. PDL's will use any trick they can to get a judgement if possible.

Yes, you really MUST have confirmation from the court that this has been vacated - discontinued - whatever.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I will check again with the court tomorrow. If the court can't confirm its been discontinued or vacated I'll have to turn up on the 28th and inform the judge. Only slight issue is if the hearing is going ahead I have to have my witness statement etc with the court this Friday.

I will ask what you should be doing. .

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Further to the above I have just spoken with the court and they tell me it is still listed to be heard on the 28th. The claimant did not pay the hearing fee back in mid October, they have been sent a reminder and given till the 17th to pay. To date they have not paid leading me to believe they will honour the agreement we made. Do I submit my witness statement this Friday (not done yet) or deliver a letter to court instead enclosing proof that the claimant said they were not proceeding?

I have asked andyorch/steampowered what you should be doing. I am sure they will respond as soon as they can.

BCOBS

Hi chrismk

I'm fairly sure that they wont pay by the 17th and therefore the claim will be struck out before the 28th. Keep ringing the court and check and request clarity with regards to your impending WS.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread