BankFodder BankFodder

marcostandy

PPC saying that my appeal is to late. help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2099 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys i received a notice to keeper dated 27/05/14 from a well known private car parking company.

the letter gave me 28 days to appeal starting on the 27th.

i sent my appeal via ist class signed for on the 24th of June (along with a couple of other appeals that i had to make.

They have now replied that i am out of time to appeal as they did not receive the letter until the 30th of June six days after i posted a supposed next working day delivery service.

the company are now saying that they will not discuss it anymore and have 14 days to pay them £30 or it will go up to £60.

What do i do?.

thanks in advance

Ha ha ha , is this parking eye?

OOT.....really, who owns the car park you were on?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi m8 its ncp and its a hospital car park that i pay a monthly fee to park on(they are claiming that i was parked on a unsigned restricted area).

Edited by marcostandy

Were you?

Either way, you won't be paying it.

Did they give you a POPLA code with their 'your out of time' missive?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

no m8 they did not just said 14 days to pay £30 or it goes up to £60 and they will not correspond about it anymore.

Oh well more fool them, they should still have sent you the POPLA code,

write back to them and demand it, don't go into anything else just a simple,

''You have failed to supply me with a POPLA code, I expect to receive one by return of post.''

Regards...

Silly NCP....

cheers Bazzooka man i will give that a try.

I presume that you have the cointerstub for the RD so look up the date RM delivered the appeal and if it is within time then write to them again stating that you demand the POPLA code for your appeal and that they have been untruthful regarding the receipt of your appeal and that you are going to make a complaint to the BPA and POPLA about their behaviour.

If they dont behave they cant issue proceedings against you and win as it will be procedurallt flawed and any judge will giv them an ear bashing.

Next, who do you pay the monthly fee to?

How was the place you parked restricted if there is no signage, is it a general only park in bays type signage> Give us more details so we can blow this claim out of the water.

i pay my employer (the land owner) £7 per month to park.

the bay in question is marked on the ground as short stay but give you no information as to what they consider a short stay to be.

Then they will be screwed, get the popla code and appeal to them.

Inform your employer of the shady outfit they employ to police the parking also.

why?

Why not ? ..... It will assist you. .... And others !!!

ok guys its hull royal infirmary.

Your contractual obligation is to your employer and this company has no say in the matter. this means they have no Locus Standi so that can be added to your appeal. They may wish to ignore that but it is a shot across their bows should they be foolish enough to try and make a legal claim in the future.