NovaFord sold used car with fake full service history

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We purchased the vehicle as advertised with a full service history from NovaFord newport shropshire.

The service book was not inspected in the same way as we did through the subsequent investigations and the sales rep continued to push that the vehicle had a full service history and the company personally knew the previous owner, the sales agent used the guise of the company being attached to FORD and they wasn't just a normal garage, we had no reason to not believe what we were being told.

What is being disputed is the genuine history of the vehicle as there is no service history being proved prior to your service and the way the vehicle was advertised and subsequently told how well looked after the vehicle was and we wouldn't be able to find another vehicle with this kind of history.

This only became apparent when taking out an extended warranty and when the service book was fully inspected it was noted that it had been doctored by NovaFord or the previous owner.

As customers we were not fully aware of the fraudulent behaviours of traders or sellers of vehicles hence why we purchased through a reputable company!

i assume they had a duty to check the history of the vehicle as would any reputable company?

they also continued to dispute that the vehicle had no previous history and it wasn't until they and I investigated that they subsequently acknowledged that the history cannot be now proven.

i have rejected the vehicle under the misrepresentation act as we were misled, gave them 10 days to respond and they have replied:

"I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 27th June

After discussion with Mr Prew, the owner of NovaFord and the gentleman

through which you purchased your car, I can now respond

The service book was inspected by yourselves prior to purchase and the

vehicle has had a comprehensive, manufacturer full service as agreed, prior

to delivery to yourselves

It is our proposal to honour our gesture of goodwill as previously offered

on the Ford Protect warranty scheme, for a 1/2 price 12 month warranty

We can also offer a 28 day window. Should you like to go ahead with the

warranty, please let me know and I can start the necessary arrangements"

i can't beleive they responded in this way!

IMO I would stick to your guns, reject the vehicle entirely and report them to trading standards ASAP, is the garage

a member of any other motoring organisation/group? Report the garage to them also...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

IMO I would stick to your guns, reject the vehicle entirely and report them to trading standards ASAP, is the garage

a member of any other motoring organisation/group? Report the garage to them also...

i have fully rejected and also asked for an option for a replacement , but got the good will gesture offer. it was the motorcodes that advised me to reject it.

How did your investigation come to this conclusion and what did those investigations entail ?

after inspecting the service book fully, noticed that all the services were written in the same handwriting and in pen, no official stamps and different garages. NovaFord insisted that it did in fact have a full service and all the garages would have a record. I then contacted all the garages and they confirmed no record of the vehicle having any service from them.

This was feedback to NovaFord and then they contacted the garages and also could not confirm the service history 100%, incidently NovaFord also stated that they gave the vehicle a full service before it was delivered to us, however no record of a service in the book. They did say that they would stamp the book for me!!!

after inspecting the service book fully, noticed that all the services were written in the same handwriting and in pen, no official stamps and different garages. NovaFord insisted that it did in fact have a full service and all the garages would have a record. I then contacted all the garages and they confirmed no record of the vehicle having any service from them.

This was feedback to NovaFord and then they contacted the garages and also could not confirm the service history 100%, incidently NovaFord also stated that they gave the vehicle a full service before it was delivered to us, however no record of a service in the book. They did say that they would stamp the book for me!!!

My betting is they wouldn't have expected you to go that far. Well done.

reject it, absolutely.

A false history is a BIG no no as far as TS are concerned, it's actually 'making a false instrument' or something similar, and counts as fraud.

Just tell them it's not the car you bought, money back please or take them to court (and do so if necessary)

reject it, absolutely.

A false history is a BIG no no as far as TS are concerned, it's actually 'making a false instrument' or something similar, and counts as fraud.

Just tell them it's not the car you bought, money back please or take them to court (and do so if necessary)

I know i just can't believe their attitude about it all.

They have not responded to my rejection of their good will gesture in response to my rejection of the vehicle so next week they will get a letter before claim to court in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct. where i will be requesting that they provide me with key documents that i will require as evidence on how they purchased the car and what checks they carried out before they put it up for sale, and also i will list the key documents i will be submitting to prove the claim.

They will have 28 days to respond and if they fail to court action will commence.