kcspurs

question about applying for jobs

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1812 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i just got a warning from my jsa coach about not applying for enough jobs.

i just find im looking at the same jobs but from differnt sites agencys ect.

my question is can they check up on jobs you apply for where you have to email the company yourself

The DWP can contact any company and ask for them to confirm if you have applied for a vacancy - There is nothing within the Data Protection Act that prevents the company in question from giving a yes/no answer. However, providing the DWP with a copy of the application and/or emails could be a breach of the DPA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

May i suggest that you can not beat the system. Are you recording all job searches and all applications made. They will do almost anything to sanction you

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

i always put the jobs id number on the universail jobmatch site but i dont always log in every day

Use other sites such as CV library as well

Log in every day and search jobs within a set range of your house. If you do it daily you can add "Jobs added within the last 24 hours" which cuts the list down and avoids repeats.

BUT if u find a job on there with the company listed it may pay to approach the company direct as opposed to doing the 1 click thing

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I put limited details about the job on UJM/Work Booklet, so if they look at this they have no way of knowing what company/agency the job is with to check it up, I do have confirmation emails with me when I sign on if they want proof of applying for the jobs

Number of jobs to apply for varies person to person, I was told there is no set number as applying can take time (could be one click, could be an hour for on line application or could be a few hours or more if paper application)

You need to get your Coach to give you - in writing - a specific number of jobs to apply for each week, or else how does anyone know what's 'too little' and 'too much'??

Unless they formally instructed you to apply for a job, they cannot obtain feedback. It's in the 'Decision Making & Appeals (DMA): Gaining Customer Feedback from Employers' guidance and quite clear;

'Feedback from an employer can only be requested where an advisor has matched a Jobseekers Allowance customer to a vacancy.'

Every vacancy I find is always by my own efforts and I've had to correct advisers a few times who thought they had the right to contact all the employers I'd listed. Threat of reporting for Data Protection violation tends to make them very nervous :)

If you found the vacancy totally on your own then it's none of their business - but still best to log it and provide some sort of screen print as proof of application as it all goes towards your JS evidence.