Norwich Union car insurance Nightmare - Need Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok - let me explain.

In the middle of July my husband was in a car accident, Another person crashed into the back of him.

Any way the car was taken away to Norwich Unions choice of Body shop for evaluation.

(It is a Mitsubishi Evo 2 - So it is quite difficult to get parts for it) We knew this any way and the first representative at Norwich union also said That it is likely it will be written off due to difficulty in sourcing parts.

Ok - so we waited and waited - Then we get a call saying just to let you know the body shop are going to repair your car as they managed to source some of the parts - so they are just trying to find more parts that they need then they will begin to fix it.

So we wait and wait and wait.....

Eventually My husband actually rang Norwich union to find out where it was up too - (Indian Call centre)!!!! Could hardly understand a word he was saying - basically they didnt know what was happening, where it was up, whether the third party has accepted liability yet (as the man who crashed into him denied it was his fault) etc etc.

The call went on for some time - with my hubby venting his annoyance on the phone - eventually he realised the person was not understanding nor listeneing to him and all she said was "mmmm hhh" to every thing.

He asked her a question to which she replied "mmm hhh" he said "what is your response to my question" she said "mmm hhh" he said "your useless aren you" she replied "mmmm hhh"

So that was that - still non the wiser.

A few days later he gets a call from them! An indian man telling him that the car was actually now being written off after all.

Ok we thought - now were getting somewhere.

The only thing was in this time the car now needed taxing - insurance renewal etc etc - and we got a letter from DVLA saying we needed to tax it or declare as sorn.

So we informed dvla that the car was being written off.

Some time after hubby rang Norwich union again to see what was going on - he spoke to an indian lady - and told her it was being written off and please could he have an update - will the excess (£850!!!) be taken from the third partys insurance.

The woman then dropped a massive bomb shell - WE havent told you your car is being wirtten off - no one from here has told you that!

So we have waited all this time - he has no alternative vehicle - because courtesy car was not included unless he paid for it himself - and claimed it back from the other drivers insurance (thats IF the other driver is found at fault)

We still dont know wether it is being repaired or Written off, and we now have a letter saying "you are now no longer the registered keeper - or the vehicle has been scrapped"

We have had letters from the third partys solicitor saying your insurance company are not replying to us at all - you better sort it out or it makes you look bad in court

We have tried ringing the body shop but there is never any answer at all!

Hubby rang insurance again this morning and they said they dont know

We really dont know what to do now - it is getting beyond a joke.

Any advice?

Many Thanks :)

You could try ringing them on this number, which is their Norwich head office switchboard number:-

01603 622200

They might be able to point you in the direction of someone in the UK who can advise you as to what is going on with your claim.

This is their customer services number, though I don't know if that will put you through to a UK based called call centre or not.

0114 2084035