Is Morgan Solicitors Regulated by SRA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd say the point is that they were in-house and not Lloyds solicitors and their intention was to mislead.

But solicitor (s) none the less.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the point is that they were in-house and not Lloyds solicitors and their intention was to mislead.

I'm sure they're quaking in their boots at the thought of falling foul of the Treasury Select Committee...

Exactly. In the same way that Morgan Solicitor's are in reality Cabot's in-house litigation team. There does not exist a law company called 'Morgan Solicitor's" As in the Lloyds case and Wonga, and RBS etc etc. their intention is to mislead.

Exactly. In the same way that Morgan Solicitor's are in reality Cabot's in-house litigation team. There does not exist a law company called 'Morgan Solicitor's" As in the Lloyds case and Wonga, and RBS etc etc. their intention is to mislead.

But there is currently nothing unlawful about Morgans/Cabot that I've seen so far.

Haven't we gone through this already?

But there is currently nothing unlawful about Morgans/Cabot that I've seen so far.

Haven't we gone through this already?

You are correct. There is currently nothing unlawful about Morgans/Cabot, or SCM Solicitor's/LLoyds or all the other companies engaging in this practice.

The point i not whether or not it is an unlawful practice, but, is it an unfair practice, as defined by the OFT/FCA.

A business practice does not neccessarily need to be unlawful in order to be unfair. if its declared by FCA to be an unfair business practice, it potentiallly falls under section 25 of CCA 1974, where it becomex unlawful.

The relevant part of CCA is section 25(2A)(e). - Have a look at it.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess we'll have to wait for a decision from the FCA.

Anyway that wasn't really the point in your OP.

That was exactly my point.

- the 'establishment' (FCA/MP's/News media/Law Society etc.) is finally beginning to recognise the unethical practice which has been going on for years, under their noses, i.e. sending letters to debtors which are intended to mislead, inasmuch as the letters purport to come from external law companies, whereas in fact the letters come from the creditor's own iin-house litigation team, using a made up trading name to mislead the debtor into think debtor into believeing they are dealing with an external law company. They even go so far (including Cabot) as to use phrases such 'on behalf of our client' - when in fact they are themselves the 'client'.

From what I have been reading in the media, it seems as if this unethical practice will soon be brought to an end , eeither by the FCA, or by Parliament.