Ebay seller saying policy is above law.

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brought a universal charge lead for my tablet as a back up.

The charge lead does not work.

I have been arguing the law with this twit since 1.30 this afternoon but he is not having it.

He has said that as l brought the wrong item, which l did not as the details are the same as the original charge lead,

then the policy that they have, buyer pays return postage, means they dont have to repay me the postage

and the new Consumer Contract Regulations does not apply to them as ebay rules state you agree to the sellers policy which means you for go your legal rights.

I HAVE, WITHIN REASON, told him its a load of rubbish. He is standing his ground and so am l. Ebay has told me to talk to the seller.

Just want to check ebay sellers that are businesses do have to apply with the law.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

how do you pay your paypal bill.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how do you pay your paypal bill.

dx

comes out of my bank when l buy. I dont have a dd set up. If the guy does not reply to me favorably by monday then l am putting a claim in. I get my lappy back monday its easier for me to do thing on that over my phone.

I just wanted to no before l put a claim in that the seller is talking complete bull

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

is there proof on his website that it is compatible with your tablet

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My tablet is a standard basic one. Its a android jelly bean, 4.2.2, 7 inch A23. It came with the standard 2.5 mm 5v 2a charger according to the one in the box. My old tablet charger which is the same specs fitted it and charged it.

I brought the same charger and as it was advertised as the same specs thought it would work as it said on the reviews the charger was suitablefor the tablet l have.

The listing does not give a list of tablets it is suitable for just says that its suitable for android 7 inch tablets and the plug specs.

Open an ITEM NOT RECEIVED case. You have not received the item you ordered, ie a working universal lead. Ebay will ask him for proof and assuming it was not tracked he cannot prove it and ebay will refund you. This is the way I do it, it works for me. The seller is obviously an idiot.

Read ash's post again nohope.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Oops. Will be item not as described then.

Yeah me to read without my glasses on

Anyway, if its not working then they should re pay your postage cost to return and send a replacement.

I run an eBay shop and will always put return postage cost in with the replacement item that's sent out or re pay it through PayPal depending on what they prefere.

Thanks guys. Went down the libary and opened a item not as described case explaining everything including the relivant law in regards to the postage. I have advised Ebay everything is on my messages should they want to look further into it.

Now its the waiting game.

WAHOO I WIN.

I had a update via the app earlier to say the seller had paid me back the money he then messaged me saying he was only paying me back IF l agreed to leave a 5* rating. I never agreed with that at all so if he trys and retake the money l will be reporting him to ebay, my bank and everyone else who will listen.

If he paid the money back, theres nothing he can do. He should have agreed to a 5* rating BEFORE paying the money back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well l have had a email saying the money is going back to my account and the case is closed. I will not be bribed into leaving feedback.

let us know when its landed please

dx

and they

I had something similar last week.

Bought a Plasma TV Wall Bracket, Claims to fit 32" - 60" with built in spirit level, Item arrived but was completely different.

Boxed claimed will fit 32"-58" and no built in spirit level.

Even a picture taken from the auction page and put side by side to the item I received was completely different mounting points but

the seller still claimed " you got the item you ordered its the correct one".

After playing email tennis on Ebay with the seller I informed him I will not be entertaining him any longer and let EBay decide the outcome,

Next day I had a full refund, I had already left negative feedback.

As yet hes still not got in touch for the return of his crappy bracket.

George

Yes the seller has not contacted me re the charge lead. Will give it a while the bin it

Normally pp refunds are back in bank account nxt day or day after so ahould be tue at latest

Also, once you have your refund back in your bank report the seller to eBay and tell them you have the message from them to see what they have said.

eBay, if you get the right person will close there account as its not something they will normally put up with.

Its people like that that give the good sellers a bad name.

I have never had to report anyone to ebay. Is it easy? will they think l am over reacting? Ok this is not the first problems l have had but never felt bribed or l have had to prove my rights this much.

Ebay usually always fines in favour of the buyer, if the seller is saying "Will refund only if u leave me 5*" report him as they are not allowed to do that.

Keep all messages from the seller and if requested send them to ebay.

You could also ring ebay (record the call) and explain what the seller is doing. Make sure you have their ebay id and item number .

Hi Leigh.

Thanks for the advise. All the messages are in my inbox so they should be easy to find.

I cant record any call to ebay as l would be required to call from a phone box so l might just email them or even write to them. that way l can print off the emails and send them to them as evidence.

You have your refund, every second from this point you spend on this will be a waste of your time.

ebay will take no action against the seller, at worse they ask the seller to read something about sellers standards which you can easily ignore and carry on as normal.

eBay will always protect the buyer. Even if the seller has full proof that the parcel was delivered, eBay will automatically refund the buyer, then wait for the seller to kick up a fuss about it.

I sell on eBay a lot, constantly getting people constantly getting people that want something for nothing. Once set this guy 5x the amount of the product he ordered because I missed sending it out by 1 day. Still got an eBay case against me and negative feedback!

Someone once conned my sister out of an item (actually turned out to be a famous singers friend), saying the item didn't arrive, despite her name signed on the tracking, but eBay told us to "count it as a loss".

My point is, as long as you are an eBay buyer, you're fully protected.

You have your refund, every second from this point you spend on this will be a waste of your time.

ebay will take no action against the seller, at worse they ask the seller to read something about sellers standards which you can easily ignore and carry on as normal.

I dont feel somebody who bullys and refuses to follow the law should be allowed to carry on.

Its not the case of wanting to cause trouble its the case of wanting sellers to abide by the law. The sellers and ebay seem to be either unaware or chosing to ignore it

eBay will always protect the buyer. Even if the seller has full proof that the parcel was delivered, eBay will automatically refund the buyer, then wait for the seller to kick up a fuss about it.

I sell on eBay a lot, constantly getting people constantly getting people that want something for nothing. Once set this guy 5x the amount of the product he ordered because I missed sending it out by 1 day. Still got an eBay case against me and negative feedback!

Someone once conned my sister out of an item (actually turned out to be a famous singers friend), saying the item didn't arrive, despite her name signed on the tracking, but eBay told us to "count it as a loss".

My point is, as long as you are an eBay buyer, you're fully protected.

I understand how u feel l have not sold on ebay and dont intend on based on some of the sellers behaviour. I no u cant paint all sellers with the same brush but l have now had 2 ebay problems and it puts you off.

Yes l have had numerous good sellers but its the bad sellers that give the good ones a bad name