Lloyds fake solicitors SCM And loads of Others

jackreacher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is all kicking off this week and next.. if you are receiving letters Check if they are SRA registered.

Basically lloyds and other have been sending out scare letter under the disguise of a third party solicitors firm.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jul/04/banks-legal-demands-that-scare-customers

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice...042018.article

WON lloyds walked away after second hearing £10,000 2014

WON Mbna after 3rd hearing £5,000, 2014

WON Barclaycard 1st hearing £2015, 4,500

This is all kicking off this week and next.. if you are receiving letters Check if they are SRA registered.

Basically lloyds and other have been sending out scare letter under the disguise of a third party solicitors firm.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jul/04/banks-legal-demands-that-scare-customers

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/practice...042018.article

This is nothing new, the existence of the "in house" solicitors of the major banks has been known for years!

e.g. B lair O liver S cott BOS = Bank Of Scotland. Mercers = Barclays and many more.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

True but it is attracting media focus and the SRA are stepping in. These are in house solicitors proven to be masquerading as third party solicitors.

There are other problems on the back of this that have not come out yet.

I for one can not find the people who are writing the witness statements.

Lucy brewster . lloyds tsb, team manager/leader in house, Consumer debt recovery.

started in 2000.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?194144-Lloyds-bank-staff-%91puts-frighteners%92-on-debtors

Back in 2009 it was the bank staff who were pretending to be from SCM LTSB's in house legal team !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?194144-Lloyds-bank-staff-%91puts-frighteners%92-on-debtors

Back in 2009 it was the bank staff who were pretending to be from SCM LTSB's in house legal team !

Wow thanks CB.. just putting this acroos to someone who is putting all this info together.

If anyone has anymore articles or proof.. add it here. Has to be good solid proof or articles..

The use of "paralegals" in the in house collections staff supposedly " overseen" by a registered solicitor was common, especially among DCAs, some banks had similar arrangements, maybe still do.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Wow thanks CB.. just putting this acroos to someone who is putting all this info together.

If anyone has anymore articles or proof.. add it here. Has to be good solid proof or articles..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ford...

I suggest if anyone is having trouble with lloyds and SCM they use this as strong leverage.. they want it to go away asap

They haven't used the name SCM for a while now.

I don't think they've actually done anything illegal with sending these letters either. And at the end of the day it's not SCM-headed letters which are sent in the first instance.

The fact that this is being reported could encourage other companies to also stop this practice though.

I don't think they've actually done anything illegal with sending these letters either. And at the end of the day it's not SCM-headed letters which are sent in the first instance.

That is the point they are Lloyds letters that turn into SCM letters leading people to believe they are a third party solicitors. They are still using the SCM name I had a letter from them this week.

Not saying its illegal... they may have to justify their Charges as in house legals, Not third party solicitors!

Misleading debtors is wrong under many rules and regs.

If it was all so kosher.. why the clamour and their immediate Change?

Agree with your last point and that is all people want:-D

Hi Jack

If your quoting somebody, stick quotation marks in, reading your post is a bit confusing,

That is the point they are Lloyds letters that turn into SCM letters leading people to believe they are a third party solicitors. They are still using the SCM name I had a letter from them this week.

Not saying its illegal... they may have to justify their Charges as in house legals, Not third party solicitors!

Hi Jack

If your quoting somebody, stick quotation marks in, reading your post is a bit confusing,

Sorry rebel11..you are spot on as usual.. dealing with a load at the moment. Need two defences in by Monday.. done now though.. Beer needed

No problem, good luck with the defences, enjoy the beers.:)

Sorry rebel11..you are spot on as usual.. dealing with a load at the moment. Need two defences in by Monday.. done now though.. Beer needed

It's not a sudden an immediate change, I should have made it clear that they had already stopped using SCM Solictors for new cases well before the headlines even came out.

But supposedly they are planning to phase out the use of SCM Solictors for existing cases in September too.

The letters do point out that "SCM Solictors is part of the in-house litigation team department of Lloyds Banking Group plc". But the bank adjusts it's priorities due to changes in regulations, changes in the public's attitudes etc.

It's not a sudden an immediate change, I should have made it clear that they had already stopped using SCM Solictors for new cases well before the headlines even came out.

But supposedly they are planning to phase out the use of SCM Solictors for existing cases in September too.

The letters do point out that "SCM Solictors is part of the in-house litigation team department of Lloyds Banking Group plc". But the bank adjusts it's priorities due to changes in regulations, changes in the public's attitudes etc.

There was a leak no doubt back in January/February as I had a letter from DG Solicitors (Non) HSBC stating change of Solicitors form on rear as from February 2014, to somebody who is Adocate General ( of all things)????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

There was a leak no doubt back in January/February as I had a letter from DG Solicitors (Non) HSBC stating change of Solicitors form on rear as from February 2014, to somebody who is Adocate General ( of all things)????

Advocate General senior legal officer in Scotland??

There's always one that thinks they're being clever :rolleyes:

It's just a username, what exactly are you trying to suggest? :lol:

yeah, you :lol:

not suggesting anything. :) there are always ghosts in the machine.