style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1841 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bought a new washing machine plus installation and removal of old machine.

Ist delivery failed, forgot to put it on the truck.

2nd delivery arrived but refused to install or remove old machine for an entirely spurious reason.

Paid for plumber to install, couldn't as machine badly damaged internally.

Replacement organised, forgot to put it on the truck.

Finally delivered, installed and old machine and damaged machine removed 10 days later.

Current offer, from which they won't budge, is £100 which barely covers the wasted cost of the plumber. They say lost wages/annual leave are consequential losses which they won't cover. A conservative estimate of what this fiasco has cost is close to £1000.

I say they have breached their contract by failing to deliver at the agreed time twice, delivering a faulty machine once, and failing to remove the old machine and install the new one once, and that loss of earnings is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of those breaches. I could also argue that they've been negligent and again, lost earnings would be reasonably foreseeable.

Who is right?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.