Manager has Issue with one day off a week in NHS trust. Please read.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice here, my mum works 4 days a week as it is and takes a day off during the week as standard. What she is now requesting is that the particular day that she takes off falls on a fixed day of the week.

So for example, she will always take mondays off instead of randomly. This is for family reasons as she has to look after grand children. I have asked her to dig out employment contract etc, whilst that may take some time to find, I was just wondering if there are some low hanging fruit grounds that one can state.

she had a letter from the manager saying that she wouldn't be given the fixed day off because of cost reasons and also the fact that a senior member of staff is required etc. The irony of the case is that she already takes a day off between mon-friday as it is, so nothing is changing on that front, just that she now needs to know the specific date for planning reasons.

She has had issues with the manager in the past (been running for over 8 years). Although it has never gone as far as HR. There has been some anonymisity in the past between my mum and the manager.

I would like to help her draft a letter to appeal the decision, just looking for some grounds to make the case stand.

Thanks in advance.

As of this week the law changed. She can now formally request felxable working to be considered.

They can still say no though

So She might need to come up a with a business idea to mitigate the trouble casued to the business.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

when I put my flexible working request in I sat down and first made a list of ALL the reasons they could come up with to say no then came up with a sound business way of countering it

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice