EmmaJacques161 v Capital One ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Here's an update. I recieved notificaction from MCOL that Capital One would be served with the court claim on 11th November and they would have till 25th to achknowledge, as yet I haven't heard anything. I have been checking MCOL and it hasn't changed since the claim was issued. :-|

Does it usually take this long to hear back? I'm worried incase they decide to take me to court!!:o

Anyone have any words of advice?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can take a while, for example the timescale on mine was

MCOL issued 19/10

Served 24/10

Acknowledged26/10

then MCOL stayed the same till yesterday when it altered to say a defense had been entered.

Received paperwork from court and Cap One that the defense was that the amount claimed had been paid. I too was getting aprehensive as everyone else posting seemed to be getting their claims sorted out and nothing was happening with mine.

Ok Guys,

Here is the latest update, when I check MCOL I am presented with this little piece of info:

Defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

I am now very nervous incase I am the one person that is made an example off!

Is anyone at a similar stage to me?

I am in need of some reassurance here!!

Em x x

I sent a letter asking them to settle without further expense to them and i would close the case, this was agreed and payment made within three weeks howevr, they refused to remove the default so am still taking them to court.

I sent the letter to:

Legal department,

Loxley House

Station Street

Nottingham

I have recieved a letter from capital one informing me that as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability they are refunding the full amount of my claim!!!

I also had a copy of the defense in the post!!

Do I need to send a letter back or do I wait for the cheque which they say they sent on 28th Nov?

Can some lovely mod change this to Won?