Purchasing just one company share

obiter dictum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I woukld like to purchase one share in a company. The share value is about £4.00 at the moment. It seems i have to open a share dealing account and can be charged about £12 per trade. That is alot considering the stock is oinly worth £4.00. so i have to fork out £16.00 to purchase a £4.00 share

The reason why i only want this one share is so i can attend the AGM and ask questions in a profesional capacity

Any ideas my best option of getting just this one share??

I buy a small number of shares, say £50 worth and then if you decide to sell later it is not a total washout. When you do buy your share(s) make sure that you buy them as the equivalent of a paper share as the dealing accounts hold the shares as nominee accounts and you dont get the voting rights.

• 1 month later...

I have shares in the company I work for, which are held in a dealings account, not paper shares, I STILL get voting rights and can attend the AGM meetings, regardless of shares been held in account or paper shares....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.