Jump to content

Marlin/Shoosmiths Summary Cause - old LloydsTsb loan

Recommended Posts

Bit of a disaster.

Decree had already been given.


Because the 10th july was an industrial action day and couldn't hand in defence until 11th.


Despite being only a day late and expressing intent to defend, pursuant went straight for decree. Was so annoyed!


The clerk initially told me the pursuant would have to agree to the decree being removed and setting a new date.


Eventuality she called them to explain and they agreed and sent an email to confirm which I have a copy of.


A few words of the scene.

I imagined us all sitting round a table in an informal situation.

Not so.


It will be held in a courtroom in front of all other cases being heard.

Will need nerves of steel.

However, despite the fact I felt quite prepared, this gives me time to be super prepared.


Also, hubby doesn't need to be there, just need to send a letter to court stating fact I will be representing him, which is fine.




Thanks for support Andy.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

That made me laugh but not in a nasty way, already have it ... great minds and all that! Printed off and filed in my ever increasing reference library. Please don't stop sending me anything you find though, or pointing me in the right direction, would've given up ages ago without support. :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, had my breather. Since last posting I received a letter from Shoosmiths regarding the CPR request to say they were looking into it. Think I received it on 26th July. Need to know if and when I should respond to their limited response regarding CPR31.14 and total lack of response to the s77 request. Have received no documents to either request. In all honesty, I would prefer not to take this to court if I can avoid it. What do I do?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, still heard nothing from solicitors and don't imagine I will.

I am thinking of lodging an incidental application to sist the case.


I am at pains to make sure my work know nothing of this and it's very difficult to get time off without good reason hence the reason I'd rather avoid unnecessary court appearances, especially if it's going to be a waste of everyone's time.


I don't think any firm decisions can be made until all the documents are available and more than likely another date will be given for documents to be recovered.


If possible I'd like to avoid the time wasting by sisting the case meantime.

What do you think?

Apparently I can do this anytime before the sitting.

(Advice taken from the above)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that is an option...you understand that the sheriff is not compelled to accept the application to sist...so you need to word it correctly and purvey in the interest of costs and court time why you are making the application.....no response to your requests etc.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let you know I found another document "The Summary Cause 4. Going to Court" which may be helpful to others reading this thread. https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/guidance-notes/summary-cause-guidance-notes. Good information about what to expect. I'm going to phone the Sheriff Clerk in the morning to get advice about the Incidental Application. According to these notes it's pretty straightforward but need to give two days notice prior to the hearing which is Thursday.


These documents are good too: Section 8 Defended Action and Section 9 Incidental Applications and Sists:




Just in case anyone needs advice pertaining to Scotland.


I'll tell you this much, it's all very wearying, got nothing but admiration for you folks that continue to give the support you do.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck Tesis ...sure you will fine and come out smiling.


Let us know what transpires ...good or bad.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back, quick update.

The pursuers requested the case be sisted to allow them time to recover the documents.

I said I was reluctant to let the case be sisted due to the stress of the situation and would like it to be decided one way or another.


The judge said I would have to be prepared to defend the case and I think I would have had to state my defence there and then which without the documents I couldn't do.

He was lovely, so were we.

He was understanding and explained everything.


I said I didn't want it to go on indefinitely and he agreed and said I was at liberty to request the case be heard at a later date through and incidental application. I was nervous and wish I had put forward my defence re: the total cost of credit not being declared which I have on my customer's copy of the agreement. I do intend to take the case forward through this incidental application at a later date. Meantime, the case has been sisted.



I would urge everyone to take their cases the full way.

Get prepared and go for it.

There is no doubt the court situation appears daunting but the judge we had today was very understanding.


I also noted that everyone who defended themselves and presented their heartfelt but simple cases were found in favour, including one wee girl who just stood there without a folder of paperwork and just said it how it was.

Was very enlightening.



Thanks for support.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

After over 4 and a half years I’ve received a response in the post from Shoosmiths. Do I need to do anything? I should’ve replied by today but I haven’t. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have included a copy of original agreement, statements and default notice.

If I can pay in full their client is happy to have the sist in place with the court action removed and dismissed.


There is an option to fill out an Income and Expenditure form etc If I can’t pay in full, the payment arrangement will be subject to a decree being obtained against me. If I fail to make the payments their client may proceed to enforce the decree. ( a bit about consequences of a decree)



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have the facilities to scan.




This is a photo of the letter

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also mean the agreement and all the docs.


when did you last pay this please?

it is also worthy to note, if it were not for the claim the debt would now be extinguished.


title clarified and moved to the Scotland forum.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last paid in 2011


I’ve kept all the files/letters from 4 years ago and have everything before that. I have the original agreement. It would take a while to put up all that I have so realistically it would need to be Saturday before I had the time to do that. Is that ok?


Do I need to be worried? Genuinely thought this was over. If the decree had been issued at the time, wouldn’t it be nearly over?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

no a decree is 20yrs.

it looks to me like a threat-o-gram as it doesnt say will anything.

however as you didn't get an incidental application in you've left the door open

yes they could carry on.


which is why we needs to see all the documents they have sent you that they intend to rely upon IF they continue the claim.

ofcourse you like wise via an IA can object 

but we need to see the cards they are playing with.


I will assume the sheriff gave no time limit on the sist which is what you should have insisted upon.


if you read upload

it tells you how to use a camera and redact photos as a jpg before converting and merging to one multipage pdf


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t get anything in writing from anywhere after the court case


. I did bring it up that this had caused great stress and I didn’t want it to go on forever but I can’t remember what was said.

Perhaps there are court notes I could ask for.


they have said in the letter they have included the default notice.


Believe me when I say I keep EVERYTHING and I don’t have it either.


I have the letters from the bank at the time but no default notice.


However, it is ‘the bank’ so they probably did send it and it’s something I’ve misplaced. Just strange it’s not in the docs they’ve sent.


I’ve copied the docs they’ve sent and redacted names and ref numbers but there are dates/amounts. I’m paranoid about being identified. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Please fill in your quit date here

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Tweets

  • Our picks

    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 19 replies
    • I am new here but very glad to find my way here and would welcome any input.
      i purchased a brand new campervan conversion from Hillside Leisure (175 miles from our home) on July 26th for £31,000 and, within 48 hours, during a storm, the alarm began to sound incessantly. We could not get it to stop, even after trying everything listed in the manual. We phoned Hillside on Saturday July 28th around 2.00pm. The young man who answered the phone said he would seek the advice of their technician and call us back, which he did. The technician told us that they, Hillside, couldn’t help, but that we should take the van to Nissan (the van is a Nissan) as the fault would lie with one of their components.
      • 42 replies
  • Create New...