cell taking me to court ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ll,

I received a fine from the co op in chingford london last year for going over the time by about 15mins.

I researched the company and by advice found I ignored all letters, ive received about 5 over the last year.

2 days ago i received a brown envelope that has a claim form inside and then separate it has some paperwork to fill out its called a response back.

the claim form is for the northampton claim court but where the issue date and claim number is there is a sticker over it with a barcode and some numbers.

It then has their address, my details and a stamp that says date of service 2 jul 2014 and another stamp that has a crown on it and says the county court.

it has the preferred court for hearing is barnet civil and family court and the amount claimed is 130 plus 35 court fee.

at the bottom left corner it has N1 claim form cpr part 7 12.12

on the 2nd page it has details of the claim etc and my car reg (which i dont actually own anymore anyway)

it has a printed name which i wont put on here and then a signature and position held is manager.

Ive googled it a bit and some say its another scare tactic and that the form can be downloaded off the internet

and that the stamps can be easily gotten hold of etc,

but then others have said it is official and should be paid before court - advice please?

After further research people are saying to defend it and write to Co op.

Is this the head office ?

My letter is exactly the same as the other one on here so are they actually genuine ?

It sounds as though it is in fact a claim form from Northampton bulk processing centre which has been transferred to your local county court, and therefore genuine.

You have several options, but ignoring court papers is not one of them.

You will have to acknowledge service, you'll have 14 days to do that, and a further 14 days to file a defence (or defence and counterclaim) if that is the route you wish to go down.

In England advise is a verb (a doing word) advise/advising/advised, advice is a noun. I might ask for advice or give advice.

The same with license (verb) license/licensing/licensed, but one would have a driving licence (noun).

its not a fine its a speculative invoice

what letters have you ignored

have you got them still?

its a legal claimform I suspect

however they cant predate they claim.

can you scan it up please

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

or use Primo PDF.

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though DONT USE BANK NAMES or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

you can click on your links to check them too!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It concerns me that the claim has already been transferred to a local court. Unless the rules have changed, this doesn't happen until a defence has been filed.

Please post the form as requested above. Does it give you a moneyclaim web address and a reference number?

It is a genuine claim form, return the acknowledgement of service ticking the box saying you intend to defend the claim in full. It will automatically be allocated to your local county court when the allocation fee is paid by CEL. They owe a quarter of a million quid and are in deep do-do so are now trying it on wherever they can so dont be panicked into paying up as you are likely to beat this claim.

When you have returned the N1 form you then have 33 days to submit a defence. this doesnt have to be a full detailed one, just a skeleton of the arguments you wish to use. Read the parking pranksters guide in winning these claims and then come back here for further advice. For the moment just make sure you get the paperwork back in time, they may not pay the allocation fee when they see you are goig to defend.

It concerns me that the claim has already been transferred to a local court. Unless the rules have changed, this doesn't happen until a defence has been filed.

Please post the form as requested above. Does it give you a moneyclaim web address and a reference number?

The claim hasn't been transferred to a local court and is still with the bulk centre.

This appears to be a very real a genuine claim so please do not ignore it.

Ericsbrother is half right, but you get 33 days in total from the date of issue to file a Defence if you acknowledge, not a further 33 days.