Letter from Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder what to do, I have an outstanding debt which I am paying a small amount each month, 10.00, they keep sending letters saying that they have yet to receive a proposal from me, but now I have received a letter from Lowell stating that they want to resolve the matter offering to reduce the amount to £ and no amount next to it. and to contact them within 30 days if I want to accept this kind offer. The amount outstanding is over £500

I have started to write a letter stating that I am happy to accept, will I be winding them up, or shall I get in the post quick ?

Hi,

What sort of debt and what's the history of it.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for your quick reply, its a mail order debt that I defaulted on as OH lost his job, I have been paying 5.00 per month, then I increased it to 10.00 per month, it has now been sold to Lowell, every month I have been getting letters saying that I have not contacted them and most of the time I write back telling them that I am paying every month, the amount is decreasing in the letters they send, I have tried to claim back the charges but no joy, I was going to pay what I owe but not the charges. and today have received this letter stating that they will accept £ nil . This has been going on for about a year now.

Thank you for moving to the correct forum.

Which cat is this?

When did you take this out?

As for lowlifes, when did they arrive on the scene and start taking money off you, did you ensure they are legally able to collect money off you?

Hos much of this total is charges?

Who said they wouldn't be refunding them? The cat or Lowlifes?

What does your credit file say about this?

Ignore lowlifes, and by that I mean continue paying what you can afford, and NOT BY DD, NEVER ever set up a DD with DCA outfits, always always via standing order, and if £10 a month is too much, then you can drop that right down to the legal minimum of £1 a month, this is NOT a priority debt.

Don't get into letter tennis with these clowns, pay what you can, preferably to the cat.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have tried to claim back the charges but no joy, I was going to pay what I owe but not the charges. and today have received this

That's probably what I would do - and tell Lowlifes when I was in that position.

You have nothing to lose by accepting their kind offer. They must be aware of your position, the amount charges and are letting you know that you have finally got there.

That's probably what I would do - and tell Lowlifes when I was in that position.

You have nothing to lose by accepting their kind offer. They must be aware of your position, the amount charges and are letting you know that you have finally got there.

There is a sizeable number of these £Nil offers from Lowell, yes accept formally and see what happens.

I'm sure Mr. Bartle and Ms de Tute will be pleased to agree to you paying nothing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm only speculating, but if the offer was made and accepted by letter, wouldn't that be legally binding? I had a similar issue in Scotland where a company accepted my V small offer (to save time and costs) by letter. A few days later they wrote saying there had been a mistake and that their previous letter should have rejected my offer. I went to a solicitor about it as I had my suspicions and he said it was too late for them, and that by accepting my offer it was binding on them. He wrote to them and I haven't heard a peep from them for several years. By now it would be statute barred.