the garage doesn't reset lights on the dash

kaijun61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When my wife drove my LR discovery for MOT in a big garage chain, all lights were off on the dash before MOT. But after MOT, ABS, HDC, TC and brake system lights are on, never off, radio also is not powered on. MOT failed for ABS light. I asked them to reset all lights. They said they followed the procedure, they are not responsible. Who should I complain to? Thanks in advance Kai

Edited by kaijun61

This is just me but you need to put it into writing to the Garage chain manager or the head office customer relations dept. If it is a Disco they will always want to protect their Brand image and it could just be the garage manager is being a plonker due to target figures. You may also want to mention:

Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

The vehicle was fine when it went into their care and by accepting the vehicle they agree the vehicle had no faults

Wait for more replies though

Not kwikfit or halfords is it

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have you tried going for a run to charge up the battery - sounds like typical land rover error - the battery needs to be in top condition and have/hold decent charge or it'll be lit up like a Christmas tree - I'd suspect that they left the key in the ignition and radio / climate etc on with engine off and the volts have dropped (my range rover does the same every now and then an example is if the windows are down it doesn't "sleep" so climate/radio/sat nav etc all drawing small amounts of power, fine to start and all warnings and alarms going - hdc / abs / low gear / coolant temp etc - all fine after an Italian tune up)

Thank you for your advices.

Finally, the garage manager drove my car somewhere and reset them. He still says the passenger side ABS (wheel) sensor has problem. When abrupt braking is done, the ABS light would be on. I have experienced ABS, and never found its light on. The battery was changed one year ago, it should be O.K. I don't know why they disconnected the battery. He says it is for MOT. I have never seen any MOT check would disconnect the battery before, otherwise they had my radio key.