• Tweets

• Yes they simply wrote reasons on the N244 application form. They also attached one page with the application which looks like the request  to the court. I have attached the link here to the application form. https://imgur.com/a/JvjBkQY
    • No connection at all .....the screen shot was taken from your experian or whatever CRA as  proof you resided at the address at the time of the agreement...which also shows details of your utility account.They have produced your data without your consent.
    • No it isnt. It clearly says parking charge notice. You need to relax,  take a step back and let people on here help you. Or youll get yourself into worse bother with them.
    • I am trying to get my head around this at the moment.  Please forgive me if I'm being a bit dim as this is all new to me.  So the documents that say Digital Signature Application Details are actually screen shots of my credit record and nothing at all to do with the original application process?
    • Anyone help? I’ve been attending to my debts this year and playing catch up. I fell behind on car payments with Startline, but managed to get back up to date this month. However, tonight, a bailiff has text me saying that Startline have instructed them to commence repossession of the car. I owe them nothing, the DD is set up for 30/6, and I have not received any correspondence that would suggest they have ended the agreement. I have not quite paid 1/3 of the original agreement. Are they legally allowed to repossess the car with no arrears? Can they terminate the agreement with no notice? Ive Googled this question, but it’s not coming up. I imagine it’s a not something that a reasonable company would do, however Startline are known to act unreasonably, so I’ve now discovered. i will add that I after I had paid two of the outstanding payments, I requested help in spreading the remaining payment out over 3 months along with the usual DD, and this was turned down flat. i have written to the FLA who Startline are associated to, and made an official complaint, as this is on clear breach of 1E.5 of the FLA code of conduct.   
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
Alfie29

Changing your CV email to Gmail

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1816 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was told on Friday that I have to change my CV email from Hotmail to Gmail as no employers will go near me with a Hotmail account!

I have done so but can't believe I will prob get in trouble if i don't? I haven;t been told that but don't want to find out the hard way lol.

Anyone else been told that they have to change? :!:

Ain't just Hotmail they want people who use: Yahoo and Msn to change too!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

That's a bit weird. I've had a Yahoo email for years and have been offered jobs.

So I guess you have a couple of choices. You could tell them (I assume you mean JCP or a Work Programme company) where to go and see what happens. Or you could create a Gmail account and put it on the copy of your CV that you let them see, and then use your actual email address on your "real" CV when you apply for jobs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Sounds like yet another of the faddish ideas from these schemes

They always have random ideas how to do stuff better but it isn't always correct or even realistic

Or another way to try to trip you up and get you sanctioned?

I was told on Friday that I have to change my CV email from Hotmail to Gmail as no employers will go near me with a Hotmail account!

I have done so but can't believe I will prob get in trouble if i don't? I haven;t been told that but don't want to find out the hard way lol.

Ain't just Hotmail they want people who use: Yahoo and Msn to change too!

Have you asked them to notify you of this in writing?

Tell them you'll gladly do so, but need it in writing ..... I bet they won't commit to it in writing!.

I use Hotmail and never had any issues

Check your settings for Hotmail, when it changed over to Outloook.com I automatically got an additional email address, so I now have

name@hotmail.com

and

name@outlook.com

nothing changes for you using it, both email address go to the same place, your Hotmail inbox will have mails from either of them, but if they don't want Hotmail they might accepts outlook

I don't see any reason to change though, its going back about 10 years when people didn't recommend Hotmail, nowadays its as good as the rest

Wasn’t there a bit of a furore recently about Google, who run gmail, and it’s links with GCHQ, the government’s spooks and snoops arm?

Could it be that the other service providers that have been mentioned are not as keen to share personal information with government and therefore claimants are being discouraged from using them and instead coerced into using gmail?

One poster was instructed to change his email address, but not the provider, so it does happen.

Hotmail and Yahoo have had a long history of providing throwaway addresses for sca mmers and spammers - Gmail is also providing a home for these undesirables, but not to the extent that Hotmail has done in the past.

As for a JCP/WP adviser instructing you to change to another email host - Whilst they may make the suggestion, if they were to mandate me, I'd challenge it on the following points:

• It is not within their remit to dictate which email provider I use.
  • They do not have any verifiable data to support the claim that "no employers will go near me with a Hotmail account".
  • The adviser is unqualified and lacks the experience to make such an assertion.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I've had a hotmail account for years and am signed up with a number of job sites and recruitment agencies, none of which have suggested it's a problem.

Sounds like an "adviser" flexing his muscles. I agree that you should ask for this in writing and the consequences if you don't do it, if you prefer not to.

If you are willing just go with it to avoid the hassle, but don't let them walk all over you with made up rules and regulations.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks all for ur comments. I've changed my Hotmail to Gmail as don't want to be sanctioned as NEVER been sanctioned before and don't want to start one lol.

I had to restart the whole signing up thing too. Annoying! But done now... well till they moan again... :(

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Wouldn't have let them dictate to me like that - no reason you cannot use hotmail/outlook with a named email i.e. first name.last name@ xxxx . com

Letting them have a hold on you like that makes them think you are weak - just my opinion though

You're being told that an employer favours one email provider over another by a JCP advisor (giggle) - ask them to provide this information formally, then forward that page to your current email provider.

I'm certain a 'cease and desist' letter from your current email provider's lawyers will shut them up forever.

Sounds as if this particular JCP advisor wants to create a storm in a tea cup. They have no place commenting on an client's choice of email provider - this is well outside their pay-grade.

They expect people to believe that? I interview people a lot, and they have some very weird email addresses. However, im interviewing the person, not the email. I couldnt care less if the address was XxishotjfkxX @yahoo .com

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D