Changing your CV email to Gmail

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was told on Friday that I have to change my CV email from Hotmail to Gmail as no employers will go near me with a Hotmail account!

I have done so but can't believe I will prob get in trouble if i don't? I haven;t been told that but don't want to find out the hard way lol.

Anyone else been told that they have to change? :!:

Ain't just Hotmail they want people who use: Yahoo and Msn to change too!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

That's a bit weird. I've had a Yahoo email for years and have been offered jobs.

So I guess you have a couple of choices. You could tell them (I assume you mean JCP or a Work Programme company) where to go and see what happens. Or you could create a Gmail account and put it on the copy of your CV that you let them see, and then use your actual email address on your "real" CV when you apply for jobs.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I was told on Friday that I have to change my CV email from Hotmail to Gmail as no employers will go near me with a Hotmail account!

I have done so but can't believe I will prob get in trouble if i don't? I haven;t been told that but don't want to find out the hard way lol.

Ain't just Hotmail they want people who use: Yahoo and Msn to change too!

Have you asked them to notify you of this in writing?

Tell them you'll gladly do so, but need it in writing ..... I bet they won't commit to it in writing!.

I use Hotmail and never had any issues

Check your settings for Hotmail, when it changed over to Outloook.com I automatically got an additional email address, so I now have

[email protected]

and

[email protected]

nothing changes for you using it, both email address go to the same place, your Hotmail inbox will have mails from either of them, but if they don't want Hotmail they might accepts outlook

I don't see any reason to change though, its going back about 10 years when people didn't recommend Hotmail, nowadays its as good as the rest

Wasn’t there a bit of a furore recently about Google, who run gmail, and it’s links with GCHQ, the government’s spooks and snoops arm?

Could it be that the other service providers that have been mentioned are not as keen to share personal information with government and therefore claimants are being discouraged from using them and instead coerced into using gmail?

One poster was instructed to change his email address, but not the provider, so it does happen.

Hotmail and Yahoo have had a long history of providing throwaway addresses for sca mmers and spammers - Gmail is also providing a home for these undesirables, but not to the extent that Hotmail has done in the past.

As for a JCP/WP adviser instructing you to change to another email host - Whilst they may make the suggestion, if they were to mandate me, I'd challenge it on the following points:

• It is not within their remit to dictate which email provider I use.
  • They do not have any verifiable data to support the claim that "no employers will go near me with a Hotmail account".
  • The adviser is unqualified and lacks the experience to make such an assertion.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I've had a hotmail account for years and am signed up with a number of job sites and recruitment agencies, none of which have suggested it's a problem.

Sounds like an "adviser" flexing his muscles. I agree that you should ask for this in writing and the consequences if you don't do it, if you prefer not to.

If you are willing just go with it to avoid the hassle, but don't let them walk all over you with made up rules and regulations.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks all for ur comments. I've changed my Hotmail to Gmail as don't want to be sanctioned as NEVER been sanctioned before and don't want to start one lol.

I had to restart the whole signing up thing too. Annoying! But done now... well till they moan again... :(

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Wouldn't have let them dictate to me like that - no reason you cannot use hotmail/outlook with a named email i.e. first name.last name@ xxxx . com

Letting them have a hold on you like that makes them think you are weak - just my opinion though

You're being told that an employer favours one email provider over another by a JCP advisor (giggle) - ask them to provide this information formally, then forward that page to your current email provider.

I'm certain a 'cease and desist' letter from your current email provider's lawyers will shut them up forever.

Sounds as if this particular JCP advisor wants to create a storm in a tea cup. They have no place commenting on an client's choice of email provider - this is well outside their pay-grade.

They expect people to believe that? I interview people a lot, and they have some very weird email addresses. However, im interviewing the person, not the email. I couldnt care less if the address was XxishotjfkxX @yahoo .com

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D