Marlin/Mortimer claimform old Northern Rock 'debt'

thered
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless what?...... Its the claimant prerogative if they wish to proceed or not....a stayed claim means nothing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What is an unless order? see post#77

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Wish it was that simple thered....we wouldn't need solicitors:wink:

I think it runs more like the following........you make an application using the N244 (fee £155) and you complete the application asking the court to lift the stay and order the claimant to disclose certain documents...the same ones they will be disclosing anyway once and if the claim proceeds at Standard Disclosure and if they dont...comply within xx days the claim be struck out (on what grounds Im unsure because they only have to disclose if they wish to proceed and later in proceedings...correct so far?

Court send application to Claimant and orders an hearing to discuss your application...claimant sends a Barrister (his fee is £700 for the day) plus the claimants costs for preparation for hearing.

The hearing proceeds and the court issues directions (the ones they would have issued anyway if the claim had not been stayed) the claim is proceeding and now you have your trial date.Claimant discloses all paperwork required to at Standard disclosure......courts asks you what do you wish to state in support of your defence.?

So your application with costs has now added nearly 1K extra to the debt...the claim is proceeding...they have disclosed the documents and you face trial in 2 weeks.

Not better to leave it stayed?:sad:

Regards

Andy

Wish it was that simple thered....we wouldn't need solicitors:wink:

I think it runs more like the following........you make an application using the N244 (fee £155) and you complete the application asking the court to lift the stay and order the claimant to disclose certain documents...the same ones they will be disclosing anyway once and if the claim proceeds at Standard Disclosure and if they dont...comply within xx days the claim be struck out (on what grounds Im unsure because they only have to disclose if they wish to proceed and later in proceedings...correct so far?

Court send application to Claimant and orders an hearing to discuss your application...claimant sends a Barrister (his fee is £700 for the day) plus the claimants costs for preparation for hearing.

The hearing proceeds and the court issues directions (the ones they would have issued anyway if the claim had not been stayed) the claim is proceeding and now you have your trial date.Claimant discloses all paperwork required to at Standard disclosure......courts asks you what do you wish to state in support of your defence.?

So your application with costs has now added nearly 1K extra to the debt...the claim is proceedings...they have disclosed the documents and you face trial in 2 weeks.

Not better to leave it stayed?:sad:

Regards

Andy

I take your point i thought as they have not provided certain docs they would not be able to fight the case and they would just call it a day rather than waste money.

If its stayed then they either cant get the documents or its not financially viable to litigate (because you submitted a defence)...but which one and is it worth the gamble?...a stayed claim in nothing...only if it proceeds to trial do you start fighting it.

sound advice i think, makes sense you see that much different sometimes its hard to know which route to follow and sometimes there is more than 1 way to skin a cat, just suppose there is always the chance it may get lifted

thanks for the replies as always much appreciated

• 2 months later...

Update

Mortimer Clark have written 2 letters one saying they do not agree with my defence and sent paperwork saying they have agreement ect, but no default or termination notice and whatever else i wanted. Not sure if clutching at straws

The next letter is a reduced settlement of about 1/3, with reference to court. Its still higher than the original alleged debt though

good sign??

Means nothing unless they intend to proceed thered.

Andy

Means nothing unless they intend to proceed thered.

Andy

Il take it that atm they don't because they have sent me nothing they had not already.

Interestingly or not looked on mcol and theres nothing now says something like claim unsubmitted. I could view it before

I believe that is in connection with recent software changes applied at MCOL....once a defence has been submitted the claim is blocked.(Barred)

I believe that is in connection with recent software changes applied at MCOL....once a defence has been submitted the claim is blocked.(Barred)

Cheers Andy i think that makes sense with regards to claim il take it as no news is good news as they sent nothing they did not originally send.