style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is on behalf of my daughter.

She's travelling through Africa so doesn't have the means to post herself.

She is with a British, ABTA bonded agent travelling with a group where they are all in a truck and camp at night.

The usual routine was to leave the majority of her money and cards in the truck's safe and have a small amount plus one card on her. The truck had to go for servicing so unable to store it safely, she had the full contents on her.

She went to bed, having left the wallet on the table where she was staying. Obviously it had gone.

She has a report from the police. Where she was staying don't want to know and the tour leader has been less than helpful.

Do you think she has a case against the tour operator, considering the safe wasn't available? She has lost £760 cash.

She had that amount because she didn't know when she might find a bank as these stops only accept cash. The tour lasts three weeks. I had also been out to visit her and had given her my cash before returning home.

Any hope do you think?

Could do, but why would she leave a wallet on an open table with people and an area she didnt know? Surely it would have been better (and ive done it myself when i used to backpack), put it at the bottom of your sleeping bag. Same goes with any valuables. Put them in a small bag, and drop them to the bottom of your sleeping bag. That way nobody can get them.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D