• Tweets

• ignore stop panicking about a whole nothing burger. 100's of threads here. dx  
    • this is not America, don't keep believing what you see on TV or about the USA means that happens here, it DOES NOT. you won't and they can't use character assassination to try and discredit you nor can they access ANYTHING that is not already in the PUBLIC domain about you. none of which you are fretting about are PUBLIC RECORDS. as for 'being arrested = a criminal record' = untrue. where did you ever get that idea from?? it is not publicly available and is only held on police PNC. and no your details cannot be published in a news paper = same rules apply to you as the accused, in fact even more so. you really do appears to be reading some very weird websites..  
    • Thanks dx and jk.   I'll just ignore them. I did check the advice given in other threads but wanted to be sure that was still relevant to my situation.  Thanks again. Appreciate the support 
    • I've been on this site for eight years and I haven't seen one PPC case where a DCA turned up at the motorist's door. Even if they did they couldn't do anything, but in any case it's never happened. If you read this short thread you will see all the stages of the legal procedure all the way to winning in court, which is highly unlikely to be necessary in your case  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406892-highview-parking-anpr-pcn-claimform-urban-exchange-manchester-claim-dismissed/#comments
    • They upped the quote by £120 in the end, forcing me to go elsewhee
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Free Dental work

pin62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me please,

i was at the Dentist the other day for my check up.

i had to have a tooth ground has it was very sharp and was cutting my tongue

also the Dentist told me that my crown was in need of replacing has it had gone thin,

I have had this Gold crown for over 10 years.

I get free Dental work due to Disability benefits and wondered if they would replace my gold crown with another gold crown or not.

when i first had it done I was working and paid I think over £200 for it.

The tooth that I had to have ground down has a filling in it that has made the tooth look black

and its on the side 2 teeth from the front.

the Dentist said he could change the filling to a white one for £70,

or should this be free also.T

hank you for any info. pin62

http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthcosts/pages/Dentalcosts.aspx

This gives you some idea of what you will need to pay.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Read some of the comments at the bottom of the linked page.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

citizenB, I have looked at the link you have put on here but none of it answers my questions, Thanks for getting back to me pin62

Following the links suggested:

"Note

You will not be exempt from paying because you receive: Incapacity Benefit, contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance, contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit or Pension Credit savings credit, when paid on their own."

So you'd have to pay the band 3 charge (£219 )

Following the dental treatments link on that page:

"A crown is a type of cap that completely covers a real tooth. Crowns on the NHS can be made of:

alloys (mix of metals) containing not less than a third of fine gold, platinum or palladium"

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/nhs-fillings-and-crowns.aspx?categoryid=74&subcategoryid=742

BazzaS, I should have said that my wife and I receive other benefits that entitle us to free Dental treatment and that I'm on Disability benefits also. pin62.

BazzaS, I should have said that my wife and I receive other benefits that entitle us to free Dental treatment and that I'm on Disability benefits also. pin62.

Do you fall under:

"You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:

aged under 18

under 19 and receiving full-time education

pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months

staying in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist

an NHS hospital dental service outpatient (however, you may have to pay for your dentures or bridges).

You do not have to pay if, during the course of treatment, you or your partner, receive:

Income Support

Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Pension Credit guarantee credit

Universal Credit

or

you are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate or you are entitled to an NHS tax credit exemption certificate

you are named on a valid HC2 certificate"

Or do you fall under:

" Incapacity Benefit, contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance, contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit or Pension Credit savings credit" ?

Hes posted factual information, I find it hard to see how you are taking it personally

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

BazzaS, Maybe I'm wrong sorry if I am but why do I feel that you are not as friendly as the others on this site.

How is it not friendly to post the information you need to answer your query.

Sure, I could have spent more time saying how much I hoped it helped you, and saying "Hi!", but that is time I can spend posting facts to help others.

The answer (as stated above) was available on the other links that had been posted.

I pasted them across in case (for some reason) you hadn't been able to see them.

If the answer isn't available from what the other respondent and I posted : perhaps you'll need to be more specific about the benefits you receive.

It is a self-help website : and you have been given the resources to help yourself. Given we are strangers, I find that pretty helpful (even bordering on friendly!).

Feel free to ignore my posts (and remain less able to help yourself) if you wish.

Feel free to report any of my posts if you feel they breach CAG posting guidelines.

I'm also happy to refund any fees you've paid me if I haven't met your required standard of friendliness ; oh, wait - until you actually do pay me for my time you don't get to set a standard of how friendly my replies need to be (provided they meet CAG posting guidelines)

Further: whingeing about the help you've been given and not following up on the links the other poster gave you to answer your query might be viewed as you being the one who is "unfriendly "?

What better way to inspire people to be less friendly or helpful towards you than your reply .......

• Confused 1

Sorry that I have upset you, but I asked a couple of questions and it seemed that the replies were a bit abrupt, I also said that if I was wrong then I'm very sorry. I have used this site in the past and had very good help from it. I also have made donations too. If you look up any of my topics you will see that I have always been very greatfull of the advice given.pin62.

Have you found the information that you need in the replies pin?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello caro, Thank you for asking and no i haven't got the answers to the questions. We have been on benefits for sometime now due to ill health, my wife had to give up her job to care for me. We had always paid our way. I realise now that if I had asked the Dentist instead of here I would not have caused any ill feelings which I had already apologised for. I had looked at the answers of getting free dental treatment but what I was asking the answer wasn't there. I will phone the Dentist this morning and ask him. Thanks again pin62.

No problem.

It can be easy to misinterpret what people mean in writing rather than face to face so we sometimes see misunderstandings. Don't worry about it.

Let us know what the dentist says as others may have a similar question so it may help others. :)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello again caro,

I phoned the Dentist today and its like for like, I should have done that first and then it would have saved all the upset. all the best to you all. pin62.

All the best pin. Don't hesitate to come back if you need to.

I think that NHS dentistry is a real problem as we hae no idea what the dentists are claiming for and what they are allowed to do. A couple of examples

I have just had a crown fitted (FOC because I get free dental care) and it came off within about 4 days. I went to have it refitted and had to sign another NHS exemption form.

Previously I had treatment done but had to pay extra for a scale and polish which I always assumed was part of the price paid under NHS.

I suppose we become wary when we see the headlines about the very few rogue NHS dentists

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Thats one of the reasons why I asked the questions that I did, one of my teeth looks black and was very sharp the Dentist ground it smooth and said he could put a white filling in it for £70. I had been told because it was near the front I could get it done for free. so was a bit confused. I have decided not to have it done its not hurting so will leave it alone.pin 62.