UK Roofing company taking the proverbial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the Op please name the Company.

A lot of readers & posters are home owners & we will all need new roofs at some point in the future.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Why not do that, explaining that making a flase statement to gain a pecuniary advantage is deception and a criminal offence and will be reported as such when he does issue a county court claim.

Oh, I like that I'll have to borrow it for my next letter

Okay guys this is my final letter to this bunch, however I will continue to update the forum with any further responses they send, although I'm not going to respond to them directly.

Dear Sirs,

Having previously submitted my final response to your claim, you responded to my letter on 28th July 2014. Despite my position on this matter remaining unchanged, I felt that there were sufficient inaccuracies within the content of your letter that require them not to remain unchallenged.

In your most recent letter you now appear to be stating that I was advised during the initial telephone call that your quote was only free if we go ahead with the work. This statement is blatantly untrue as nothing of the sort was ever stated at any time during the proceedings in question. It would also appear highly questionable that despite a number of prior communications regarding this matter, that this statement has only just come to light which had this been the case, would surely have been stated previously rather than as a blatant attempt to deflect the fact that you had agreed to provide a free no obligation quotation.

You also now state that you were not advised of my partners interest in the property which again is an outright fabrication of events as you were advised of this multiple times during our meeting and this was in fact the reason I repeatedly gave for refusing to sign your “in principle” contract despite the best efforts of your “pushy salesperson” to convince me otherwise.

Your own schedule of events in fact seems to be highly conflictive of my own, where you ask me to explain why your price was dropped to £10,000. For this explanation I would refer you to my first letter which fully addresses this matter.

You then state that your letter dated 8th July 2014 does not agree that no contract existed on you leaving our property. In this instance I would refer you to your own writings on this subject where even in your own highlighted points (32, 33) you state that you left the property without me signing your contract. The only dispute here is that you state that I did not sign due to me wanting to first finalise the finances, however this is not the case as you were advised that the actual reason I would not sign any contract was that I first needed to discuss the matter with my partner to see how she felt about the proposed quote.

You also say that my latest statement to you regarding our funding is fabricated and that I advised you that this was almost in place. I would again challenge you to provide any evidence of this rather than hearsay of which your claim has so far been reliant on. I am able to prove when funding was applied for and in fact taken out, both occurrences being many weeks following your visit therefore your claim that you were advised that this was in place or nearly in place is wholly denied.

Despite your recent letter, I would remind you that at no time have I ever disputed receiving your written contract, however the reason that this was not singed and returned to you is because my partner and I were still in discussion to see if we wished proceed with your quote following your telephone call where you offered to drop your price to £10,000. No agreement between us existed at this point and following discussions with my partner we had no desire to make any agreement with you, therefore this document was discarded shortly afterwards.

Your latest letter also conveniently fails to address many of the points I had raised including why;

1. If I had wished to proceed with your quote would I refuse to sign your contract, (twice during your visit to our property) and again when you sent the written paperwork?

2. Perhaps more significantly why own your representative, himself a partner in the business, advised me during the final telephone call that if we ever wished to use the services of your company again to “please feel free to make further contact”. Surely a partner in the business should have immediately otherwise accused me of breaching our contract had one actually existed, which is itself a clear indication that no such contract was ever in existence and your claim is simply an afterthought in an attempt to recover your expenses as you were ultimately disappointed that we failed to accept your quotation and instead chose to have the work done with another company.

You even have the audacity to state that the second company (one of the biggest in our local area) deliberately undercut your prices in order to gain business. The total cost for completion of the work from the second company was £4,800 which actually included more work than you were prepared to do for £10,000 as they also completed work to the annexe. With the total cost of this work being almost two thirds cheaper than yourselves, that in itself strongly leads me to question the accuracy of your initial quote.

Your final statement within your latest letter, then mentions some previous contact with your company approx 3 yeas ago relating to potential work on our property. I fail to see any relevance in this statement as we never progressed past the telephone stage on this occasion and this would only serve to show that we have been considering work to the property for quite some time which leads your latest accusation that “I deliberately wasted your time on this occasion” to be simply vexatious. It is however most interesting that you also state in this letter that the burden of evidence will show that “I had no reasonable intention of proceeding with any form of contract with you”, especially interesting given the context of your claim which is attempting to recover payment from me for “breach of contract” that now by your own words I never had any intention of completing.

Having now taken some legal advice regarding this matter, your letters in fact appear to contain any number of inaccuracies and inconsistencies, with your version of events appearing to change frequently at the point of you being challenged on a particular matter. Your latest statements even go so far to actually add falsehoods to your version of events and I would therefore remind you that making a false statement to gain a pecuniary advantage is both deception and a criminal offence which I strongly believe may be the case here.

I would once again therefore invite you to pursue a claim through the County Court process should you feel that you have a genuine grievance. The claim will however be defended which will necessitate a transfer of proceedings to the Neath Port Talbot County Court where you will be required to attend to state your case.

As previously stated, I strongly believe there is nothing more to be gained by us simply arguing back and forth “who said what” as this is a subject for which we are unlikely to agree. You have repeatedly stated that I made several statements to you which I deny ever making and you have failed to address the points I put to you in my last communication.

I would then for the last time request that you provide some actual evidence in order to back up your claim as will be required by the court in order for you to prove your case. Failing this, no further communication other than as a direct response to an (N1) County Court claim shall be entered into.

Yours Sincerely,

Personally l would just send a letter saying put up and shut up or issue a claim.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

He never said he was putting a stamp on the letter. Tho the forums and l do advise you pay the correct postage.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems as though my last letter to this company has once again not been appreciated and I have just received their latest response.

Dear Mr. XXX

We are in receipt of your letter again unsigned and this time dated 11th Inst.

It is clear that you fail to understand the reasoning behind our Invoice, which related solely to your Breach of Agreement for both parties, as you indicate are involved to attend even when knowing well the full costs of said works and further to knowingly allowing this Company to expend fruitlessly on a journey, when you now state that Mr. XXX alone was not empowered to make arrangements.

All other incidental points, whatever the cause or the reasoning, are not relevant to the position of your failure to abide by the agreement above mentioned or to cancel,as required in our letter of acceptance of the appointment.

We note your attempt to dissuade ourselves from attending a court hearing, by stating that you will have the proceedings transferred to your local County Court. It should be made abundantly clear that this option is not for you to decide, but is upon representation to the court to have the proceedings transferred, which may be opposed and further which may not be automatically granted by the court.

It is seen that your attempt by statement of the same is vexatious and an attempt to cost this company further in its presentation of a case which is solely about an invoice relating to your previous action in costing time and travel expenses

We shall now proceed with our action and will not only advise the court of your vexatious attempt to further cost this company by your stated intended action, but further draw to the court's attention that you failed to sign letters, which indeed may invalidate the comments as non-submissive evidence.

We would advise that you have received al evidence needed in this case and will of course make full disclosure of our file of papers which will show that you coerced this company into attending at your home without any intention whatsoever, even knowing the costs beforehand, of proceeding any event, indeed knowing full well that you had not sought (as you now state) funding for such work costs.

Yours Faithfully

Once again all my points have been ignored (unsurprisingly) and apparently if I defend the claim he will oppose it being transferred to my local county court for a hearing. I don't know where he is getting his legal advice from but I hope its the same guy that comes to court on the day as it will be an easy case for me if it is.

I'm not even going to bother wasting a stamp on responding to these crackpots as they seem to be sticking their fingers in their ears and saying we can't hear you when it comes to answering any of my points. They do however state that all my points are irrelevant to their claim which is not surprising due to them being unable to answer any of them.

It also makes me laugh when they object to me not signing any of my letters, now I wonder why that might be?

Well it seems as though my last letter to this company has once again not been appreciated and I have just received their latest response.

Dear Mr. XXX

We are in receipt of your letter again unsigned and this time dated 11th Inst.

It is clear that you fail to understand the reasoning behind our Invoice, which related solely to your Breach of Agreement for both parties, as you indicate are involved to attend even when knowing well the full costs of said works and further to knowingly allowing this Company to expend fruitlessly on a journey, when you now state that Mr. XXX alone was not empowered to make arrangements.

All other incidental points, whatever the cause or the reasoning, are not relevant to the position of your failure to abide by the agreement above mentioned or to cancel,as required in our letter of acceptance of the appointment.

We note your attempt to dissuade ourselves from attending a court hearing, by stating that you will have the proceedings transferred to your local County Court. It should be made abundantly clear that this option is not for you to decide, but is upon representation to the court to have the proceedings transferred, which may be opposed and further which may not be automatically granted by the court.

It is seen that your attempt by statement of the same is vexatious and an attempt to cost this company further in its presentation of a case which is solely about an invoice relating to your previous action in costing time and travel expenses

We shall now proceed with our action and will not only advise the court of your vexatious attempt to further cost this company by your stated intended action, but further draw to the court's attention that you failed to sign letters, which indeed may invalidate the comments as non-submissive evidence.

We would advise that you have received al evidence needed in this case and will of course make full disclosure of our file of papers which will show that you coerced this company into attending at your home without any intention whatsoever, even knowing the costs beforehand, of proceeding any event, indeed knowing full well that you had not sought (as you now state) funding for such work costs.

Yours Faithfully

Once again all my points have been ignored (unsurprisingly) and apparently if I defend the claim he will oppose it being transferred to my local county court for a hearing. I don't know where he is getting his legal advice from but I hope its the same guy that comes to court on the day as it will be an easy case for me if it is.

I'm not even going to bother wasting a stamp on responding to these crackpots as they seem to be sticking their fingers in their ears and saying we can't hear you when it comes to answering any of my points. They do however state that all my points are irrelevant to their claim which is not surprising due to them being unable to answer any of them.

It also makes me laugh when they object to me not signing any of my letters, now I wonder why that might be?

Once a defence is filed the case is automatically transferred to the defendants local court.

If there are matters you have put forward in unsigned letters a judge may well disregard the contents.

Sign using a security signature many are available on line.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

At the moment the OP is reluctant to post the name of the company involved and I agree. I know who they are and they don't have a lot on the net about them (negative or positive) so for now it is prudent not to name them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No news is good news