• Tweets

• Hello all,    I have received a letter from Advantis in regards to an overpayment of carers allowance I received when I got a job whilst I was caring for my mother. I did not know I had to inform them etc.    Long story short, I had a compliance phonecall with carers and nothing more was said.    I stopped caring for my mum shortly after and cancelled my carers allowance too.    I was employed for 4 months at the beginning of 2018.    Apparently the DWP and carers have sent letters but I haven't responded so they've gone through Advantis to recover the amount owed. I moved house shortly after cancelling everything and had no contact from them at all.    They sent letters to my previous address so they told me that's why it's been passed onto Advantis.    Today DWP told me that the only thing they can do is take payment in full, or deal with Advantis to come up with a payment plan.    I spoke to Advantis who asked me to pay in full or in two installments, I refused and they then said they've put my account on hold for 30 days whilst I go away and work out my monthly income etc so they can go through an affordability assessment to work out how much I can pay back and how often.      What shall I do? DWP tell me there's nothing they can do as it's been passed onto Advantis.    Advantis tell me they are working on behalf of the DWP... Nobody will tell me who owns the debt.     What shall I do?    Thank you all in advance for your amazing help.     
    • Hi, I have just received a pcn from Euro Car Parks saying that my car was in one of their car parks for 13 mins without making a payment. The reason being is that my husband was waiting for me, but where he thought I would only be 5 mins I was longer because of health issues and I had to take a rest. As if this wasn't enough, unbelievably I have just received ANOTHER notice saying I had not paid for a ticket on the 9th of September. I would like to mention the car park charges are so cheap, at £1:20 all day, it would be insane not to pay. We have used this car park only around 4 times and have always paid, excepting th time the car was waiting for 13mins. What a shock I have got receiving these notices. I wonder if I accidentally keyed in my registration incorrectly? Please can someone advise.
    • I also have a similar problem with Advantis for DWP overpayment of carers allowance. I've only just moved into my own house and they've sent a letter asking for my whereabouts and a business matter that needs my urgent attention. I have found out from the DWP and carers that I owe £1,131 and Advantis want me to go through an affordability assessment.    I am not sure who owns the debt, DWP or Advantis and where I stand with this 
    • I've just had this emailed from CarMoney. I'm so confused, I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing and with whom. "Apologies for the delay in response. I have spoken to Oodle regarding the complaint and unfortunatly, they would require an independent report to be carried out on the vehicle. The burden of proof would lie with yourself.   I can certainly help by giving you the details of Scotia, who is the company that we use."   Everything I've read says that I did the right thing by exercising my rights under the CRA 2015 with the dealer. That was done within the six-months, so the burden of proof should be on the dealer still? Or am I completely wrong??
    • Heard nothing for 6 & half years until last week. A big fat letter from Barclays upholding my PPI claim which had gone to the Ombudsman (news to me) and enclosing all the waffle and finally at the end a cheque for £3659.20 and advising that £454.85 was taxed - this I can reclaim as I don't pay tax currently.
  • Our picks

indebt64

Aktiv Kapital - ringing again after a year

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1909 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello The Consumer Forum,

I hope someone can give me some advice regarding what to do next with Ativ Kapital.

(I apologise in advance for the long question)

When I split up with my wife in 2000 I must admit to not looking after my finances,

consequently quite a few non secured loans went into default,

I know I had made sporadic payments over the years,

usually after they had found me at one of my many moves over the folowing years.

I had started making regular payments (5 debts x £15.00 each) in 2007 - 8

and had been paying this right up to last year.

However after speaking with an advisor I was told that the debt may be Statute Barred

- although I have no real idea if there was a gap of 6 years to warrant this.

as usual I waited until I got the call asking for a higher monthly payment and

thats when I said I was stopping payments as the debt was SB,

the lady said I had made a cheque payment in 2005

and because of the other payments that I wasn't able to claim that.

Regardless,

I cancelled the DDM's and heard nothing for a year, no calls, no letters, other than the statement in October.

Now all of a sudden they are back on the phones trying to harrass my family,

we have actually barred their number as it was ringing sometimes 5 to 6 times a day,

as early as 7:30 in the morning and as late as 8pm.

does anyone know why they would have held off trying to recover the debt

after telling them the debt was SB to then start a year later a vigerous telephone campaign?

Do you think the debt was SB and they are just trying it on?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have moved your thread to the debt collection forum as that is the best place to get help.

If you are not certain whether any of the debts are SB then you would need to send a SAR to the original owner of the accounts.

With the DCAs, I would send a CCA request as these accounts are quite old.

There are letter templates you can adapt in the library.

Also, you can enclose with the CCA letter a telephone harassment letter to stop the calls. Always deal with DCAs in writing as they will never put in print what they would say on the phone.

If you do choose to answer calls, record them. Most mobiles have a record function.

It is well known that DCAs go quiet for a while then restart the collection process so you are not alone in that.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank You Silverfox very helpful indeed

- re the debt company, in all the years I have had the pleasure of their company,

they have never given me more than a few days silence

if for any reason they thought there was an issue wth my account

- is there anything they can do, if I just ignore then from here on in,

afterall thery can't put me under default again can they?

Hi if you have made any payments or written acknowledgment of the debt (s) in the past 6 years the debt cannot be statute barred, so the DCA is correct on that.

Have you checked your credit reference files lately?

It will give you information on the default dates of the debt(s).

btw. statute barred in England & Wales = 6 clear years without any payments or unequivocal written acknowledgment of a debt.

The six year "clock" starts (for credit cards and unsecured loans) when a contractual payment is due and not made after which no further payment or written acknowledgment is ever made, so basically 1 month after the last ever payment.

For secured loans and HP contracts the default date is considered to be safe indicator that the clock started ticking, the same details then apply as above.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi BRIGADIER2JCS

To be honest it isnt the last six years I would have any doubt about as I have been paying until quite recently.

It was from the default date to when I first started paying,

that period could have been in access of six years..

I am registered with Experian and Equifax, neither go back long enough to even show the debt,

this will have defaulted over 14 years ago, and even if I did get the actual default date,

I would still be non the wiser as to when I made any payments,

this is because between the year 2000 and now, I have changed banks three times,

moved seven times and up to recently havent known if I was coming or going :)

sounds like there could have been a period of 6yrs with no ack or payment

thus they spoofed you into repaying.

sadly you got caught for the oldest trick in the book.

NEVER EVER talk on the phone

or pay on the phone a debt to a DCA.

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

if it does turn out to have been SB'd

then i'd be demanding those payments back.

as it certainly wouldn't have ever have gone off the 'debt'

but direct to their pocket to fund the harassment and pull the same trick with other 'debtors'

regardless, a CCA request is a must

as is an SAR to the original creditor...

do you know what the debt originally was?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

there were five in total, all of which were credit cards and yes the original debtor information is on the forms

there were five in total, all of which were credit cards and yes the original debtor information is on the forms

I agree with dx100uk get a SAR off asap you only need 1 per creditor they must supply all the personal data held on you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

blimey looks like you could be getting well fleeced here.

so there are others that you are

for want of a better word 'blindly' paying

without ever having cca request sent to any of them?

I take it you fell for the threat-o-grams

and the fleecing phonecalls and just started paying them all?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets