andyjm88

RLP Boots - Helping a Spanish friend, 3 letters received asking £147.50

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1934 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I have already done some research on the RLP and their practices after I agreed to help a Spanish friend who for some reason or other decided to take a few items from Boots, after he had already made a purchase, the value cannot have exceeded £20 at most, and the items were recovered, intact, in saleable condition. He paid a fixed penalty notice and thought nothing more of it, until he received what must have been the RLP's second letter (the first never reached him) which stated that he had not responded to their first letter and that their client was seeking £147.50.

This was the first I had ever heard of the RLP, and my friend being from another country did not understand his rights in this situation, and got into quite a panic over whether this could affect his job with an airline. He sent a couple of emails and, on my advice, requested details of what these "costs" constituted i.e. what loss was suffered by Boots. He has now received another letter (attached below) in which they attempt to justify the "claim" as both "compensation" and "a contribution towards the time administraion and security costs incurred as a result of dealing with your wrongful actions."

He has now asked me to draft a written response, and I am just wondering how many legal arguments to include (of the Oxford case, CAB statement etc) or whether to simply dismiss their baseless claims altogether. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51816[/ATTACH]

You don't need to compose anything at all.

A simple one line letter will suffice....

"Any liability to your or your client is denied".

RLP cannot do anything to your friend, only Boots can but they won't.

You say your friend paid a Fixed Penalty Notice so the police were called and having been dealt with in that way then that is the end of the matter.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Yep. Fully agree with IMS. That letter is all you need. It makes jackie and co pretty irate, so she'll send letters about CAG and internet sites, saying we give out wrong advice. Even though the advice we give is the same as CAB, various solicitors, and even the judge in RLP's last court case back in 2012 said her entire bases for a claim is on very very shaky ground. She even had the cheek to say the judge was wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Put some kisses on the bottom.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Jackie will accuse you of forging her signature if you put xx on the bottom of the letter.

Put some kisses on the bottom.

As in 'kiss my ass' Jackie?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Just ignore her pointless letters!

I can't justify how she can make a money total out of thin air?! Mine was for £300! She can jog on for that ;)

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

I have advised him to send the single line response, but if they continue to send threatening letters, I have a legal argument citing the CAB report and the Oxford case to refute their "claims". The more I learn about their practices the angrier I get, because they prey on the vulnerable and rely on people's ignorance of the law.