Noisy fridge freezer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased samsung RSA1RTPN from currys online and got it installed on 8/06/2014.

From the day one we had the motor noise for 15 mins every two hours or so.

Initially we thought this had to settle down.

Raised about the issue with samsung and got the engineer visit for 19th June 2014.

When the engineer visited did not do anything other than suggesting that If I am not happy I can exchange or ask for a different model.

I did played the recorded version of the sound the fridge was making.

He did said sometimes older fridges does make this sound.

Spoke with samsung centre on 20th June and they said there is no issue with fridge.

Spoke with currys on this and they said I can replace with a different model fridge

but at that moment I was not sure which one to purchase.

Today (26/06/2014 ) I had a decision with the model and called currys.

To my surprise currys started asking the EN number and did not had one from samsung.

Customer service from currys was not helpful at all.

He did said that I cannot have the fridge exchange with I being not happy.

There should be any fault accepted by samsung otherwise I cannot exchange.

Customer service office was not even ready to explain from distance regulations, trading standards guide perspective at all.

Always the customer service officer was saying that If I had plugged in the fridge I cannot replace it.

How silly is that ?

And I need to keep the packaging.

It was knowhow guys who came for installation and took the packaging. So what are my rights ?

Tomorrow I am going to call samsung and have a word with them.

Let me know If the customer is not happy about the product for xyz reasons.

what is the return policy for fridge-freezer ?

Thanks in Advance for your help

I think there is some confusion here between returning an item under the distance selling regulations and returning an item because there is something wrong with it.

The Distance Selling Regulations – now superseded by some new regulations whose name I can't remember at the moment – allow you to return any item within 14 days for any reason if you have ought that item over the phone or online. In that case, you have to return the item in perfect condition including all packaging etc. intact.

On the basis of what you say, it seems that you want to return the item because it has a fault. You need to make this clear to Currys and in this case you will not need to have kept any packaging.

I think you're going to find that you will start having difficulties with Currys now. Because the complaint is already become confused, it is quite likely that they will start saying that instead of having a replacement you have to have a repair. Currys don't seem to be very good customer service and they don't like taking things back and they prefer to put their customers to inconvenience by insisting on having repairs done instead of respecting your consumer rights which would be that an item is shown to be faulty so early on should normally be replaced.

I think that you should telephone Currys immediately and tell them that the item is faulty. Make sure they understand that it was faulty right from the word go and that you want a new one. You will need to put all of this in writing as well.

Of course, all of this does actually assume that the unit is faulty. I suppose they may end up sending an engineer again to confirm it. If you disagree with Currys assessment then you may need to get your own independent engineer. People like Currys seem to be fine when you're buying an item and there are no problems. Once there turns out to be problems, then people very often experience a lot of difficulties. You will generally speaking be much better off buying things from John Lewis whose prices will be at least as good as Currys and yet whose customer service is second to none.

Hi mohan

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

All Fridge Freezers make some noise, it can't be avoided, it might be different to your previous Fridge Freezer.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (purchased Fridge Freezer - making unacceptable noise - faulty), how they have let you down (faulty product - poor customer service - explain that the installers took the packaging, so it has been retained by Currys ) and what you want them to do (exchange/refund). Keep the Recording safe.

Send it to:-

Mr Sebastian James

Chief Executive

Dixons Carphone

[email protected]

If you paid by Debit Card or Credit Card you could consider the following depending on how you paid:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Distance Selling Regulations (2000) replaced by

Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations (2013)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265898/consumer-contracts-information-cancellation-and-additional-payments-regulations-2013.pdf

New Consumer Rights Law - you can read about them by clicking on the link below :-

The EU Consumer Rights Directive,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?426699-New-consumer-rights-law-comes-into-force&p=4554084%23post4554084

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D