AUTOSAVE Blackpool used car court action taken.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Churchbarn Autos

Just to clarify that we have no association with the previous company Autosave owned by Paul Kearney and Patrick Skiba. We have no desire to institute legal proceedings against anybody but people who do not get the correct facts right must not be allowed to make comments that are incorrect. Mr Birkett was Autosave's salesman for a long period of time, and they had to let him go. We decided to offer him the same position and are thankful he did. We decided to keep the same web server and telephone number because Autosave have been there for 26 years and have sold an average of 350 cars per year and I am convinced that there are many many more satisfied customers than dissatisfied .

It is our ambition to continue to serve these people in the future. If anybody has a query or a complaint with Churchbarn Autos please feel free to telephone Brian on 01253 401435 and I will do anything I can to help you. We sympathise with anyone who has a dispute with the previous company Autosave but companies go out of business all the time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have been told - and read - it does seem that Autosave is not connected to the new owner at the site Churchbarn autos. This site on Highfield Road as been a car dealers for as long as I can remember - so it does make sense that a new company should operate from there. It also appears that the new company have no liabilities for the old companies mistakes and debts. One can only wish the new company well and hope they don't get too much hassle's from the previous firm. Good Luck to them

From what I have been told - and read - it does seem that Autosave is not connected to the new owner at the site Churchbarn autos. This site on Highfield Road as been a car dealers for as long as I can remember - so it does make sense that a new company should operate from there. It also appears that the new company have no liabilities for the old companies mistakes and debts. One can only wish the new company well and hope they don't get too much hassle's from the previous firm. Good Luck to them

Well thank goodness for seaside lad, who joined about a week ago and just so happens to live near this affected premises, AND he knows all the ins and outs of what actually happened here.

So pleased, otherwise we'd have all been in the dark.

I mean there is a SLIGHT possibility that's it's mmidd in disguise, but hey, that's virtually impossible isn't it?

No, it's virtually impossible that it's mmid in disguise...I mean it DOES make sense that a car dealers should operate from there, especially since the new company have no liabilities for the old company's debts. And perfect sense to keep the same web provider and phone number.

I mean..I would, wouldn't you?

Edited by Conniff
Tidied up

• 3 weeks later...

We bought a car from Autosave on 11th Sept, they wanted paying by cheque because there was a new "manager" taking over and didn't want the money going into the "old account". I was told at the time they would get me a parcel shelf which would take a week for the car we purchased.......we are still waiting for it despite several phonecalls to them. As far as I'm concerned, the money for the car went into the new account..presumably Churchbarn autos so they should honour what they said when the car was bought. I also wanted 2 keys with the car as most do and I have been told that when there is only 1 key it is a way of getting more money out of you. I refuse to pay anymore as they got full asking price for the car. I'm totally disappointed with the company and will not be considering them again for future cars.

We bought a car from Autosave on 11th Sept, they wanted paying by cheque because there was a new "manager" taking over and didn't want the money going into the "old account". I was told at the time they would get me a parcel shelf which would take a week for the car we purchased.......we are still waiting for it despite several phonecalls to them. As far as I'm concerned, the money for the car went into the new account..presumably Churchbarn autos so they should honour what they said when the car was bought. I also wanted 2 keys with the car as most do and I have been told that when there is only 1 key it is a way of getting more money out of you. I refuse to pay anymore as they got full asking price for the car. I'm totally disappointed with the company and will not be considering them again for future cars.

The reason you were asked to pay by cheque was the new card machine for Churchbarn Autos had not arrived and if we had of used the old card machine Churchbarn Autos would not have received the payment and would have gone into Autosaves account.

As regards the spare key we only received one key when we purchased the vehicle which we explained to you at the time. We have agreed to get another key for you but as we explained Metcedes need the log book before they can order a key

We have managed to purchase a parcel shelf which has been paid for but has not yet arrived

We will honour our obligations to you please telephone us after the weekend

Thanks for you reply but I dont understand the log book issue, you had the log book because I have just received it (although it is a present winging its way back to DVLA because it was in the wrong name) and it states previous owner as Autosave, so you must have had it at the time of purchase?

Thanks for you reply but I dont understand the log book issue, you had the log book because I have just received it (although it is a present winging its way back to DVLA because it was in the wrong name) and it states previous owner as Autosave, so you must have had it at the time of purchase?

In fairness to Autosave, and I'm in no way affiliated to them. They may have sold the car to someone who'd have been happy enough with just one key. So I can see the reason that they've not gone out and spent £70+ at the local Mercedes dealer to have another key cut and/or coded before selling the vehicle.

As long as they keep the promises that they've made to you, and it sounds like they will, I'd say that they were being fair.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

• 1 month later...
The reason you were asked to pay by cheque was the new card machine for Churchbarn Autos had not arrived and if we had of used the old card machine Churchbarn Autos would not have received the payment and would have gone into Autosaves account.

As regards the spare key we only received one key when we purchased the vehicle which we explained to you at the time. We have agreed to get another key for you but as we explained Metcedes need the log book before they can order a key

We have managed to purchase a parcel shelf which has been paid for but has not yet arrived

We will honour our obligations to you please telephone us after the weekend

Update: "About Churchbarn Autos, Blackpool

As an independent business established for over 25 years, we are one of the best-known used car dealers in the Blackpool area. We pride ourselves on excellent customer care and attention to detail, we are sure you will agree that our quality of service is second to none.

We aim to make sure that when you purchase your next used car from Churchbarn Autos in Blackpool the experience you have is a good one and we hope that you will have no hesitation in recommending us to others.

10 Good Reasons to Buy Your Next Used Car from Churchbarn Autos, Used Cars Blackpool

• Value for Money – we check our prices on a regular basis so you can be assured you’re buying your next used car at the right price.

• Good Choice – we handpick all of our quality used cars.

• Great Customer Service – we offer a friendly, reliable service that is second to none.

• Knowledgeable Sales Staff – whatever your question, our highly trained sales staff will do their utmost to help.

• No-nonsense Finance Deals – we can arrange Used Car Finance to assist with the purchase of your new car.

• Great Deals on Part Exchange – trade in your old car to help finance your new one, we are happy to offer you a no obligation quote.

• Quality Aftersales Care – we can arrange protection of your used car with our own 3 month used car warranty, which can be extended if required.

• Regular Promotions – great value internet deals from a trustworthy local dealer.

• Good Reputation – with many recommendations from previous customers we have built up a solid reputation for our used car sales and services.

• Easily Accessible – we are open 7 days per week and conveniently located in Highfield Road, Blackpool, if you are travelling by public transport we can arrange local collection from Blackpool South Shore station if you give us prior notice."

The above is from Churchbarn Autos website, Great customer service?? The way I have been spoken to when I have been trying to get from them what they promised is atrocious. Yes I have finally got the spare key after being told "you have had the car 3 months, you can manage without it the monday"( the original excuse being he didn't have the log book to order the key, how do you sell a car without a log book?) and "you got a parcel shelf out of it didn't you?". Shouldn't a car have a parcel shelf and 2 keys anyway? It seems they are eager to get your money and then the after sales care goes to pot. Good reputation?? Not if Brian speaks to all his customers like that. When I went to pick the key up, I got abuse from Brian ranting over he didn't have to get me a key etc. He sure knows how to get repeat business.

The service from Mercedes garage was fantastic by contrast and kept me informed of everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had 2 cars from this new company both being high end BMWs. I am also aware of how companys are taken over and people always blame the new company for the old companies issues. I do believe as I have worked in the car trade my self previously for a big dealership like evans halshaw that when a trade customer orders goods there is never a next week delivery it has to go through so many different branchs to get to the head office to order your goods.

As promised Brian ordered you a extra key and a parcel shelf. which I do believe reading your feedback you have got and he didn't have to as it wasn't his problem. To me that is great customer service going beyond his requirements and expectations. This guy has taken on autosaves complaints because his new company is sat on the same pitch. If Brian hadn't ordered or sorted you a spare key out I could understand your complaint. But I haven't had a problem with either car and in fact when I took it for a service it was immaculate. There is always one who likes to bring a business down to try and get free gifts etc.

I think you need to realise that this company helped you out and did what they said they would. Funny there is only you complaining and by slandering the company for a previous companies problems can be a court action. I be careful what you put and be thankful the owner did what he did for you as he didn't have to.

I would recommend the company to anyone

Good Afternoon

My name is Natalie and along with my father, Brian, we are the new proprietors of Church Barn Autos.

We understand that there are issues with what was Autosave but we have no ties to that company whatsoever. Unfortunately there is always a cross over when this happens so we have done our best to help those customers who purchased cars with Autosave and are still within their 3 months warranty.

The women who has been slandering us on this website has been totally out of order and I wish to put the record straight.

She purchased the Mercedes A Class when Autosave were still here. At the time the order was done there was no mention of a spare key. She requested a parcel shelf (which was ordered for her) and a sales service, mot and tax for the car which was all done. When she came to collect the car Autosave had left. She asked if there was a spare key and we said no there wasn't but if she wanted one we would order one for her and go halves as a gesture of good will. We didn't sell her the car nor did we know anything about a key previously. We sell used cars which average between 4 and 10 years old. Not every car that we purchase (either from the trade or as a px) come with two keys and many customers appreciate that. We do not automatically order a second key the minute a car comes in here as we try and keep costs down therefore keeping the price of our cars down. The log book situation was that it was sent off to the DVLA at the time it was taxed to inform them of the new keeper. If you go to any main dealer asking for a spare key you need the v5 registration to prove you are the registered keeper along with a form of ID so no we couldn't order a key until she had the V5. The car was sold with this document. Once she had her documents she went and ordered the key and when it arrived on a Friday we had nobody free to go and collect it for her from Mercedes due to staffing issues. Monday morning it was collected at a price of £252, which we paid the whole amount for, and she came to collect it.

As she came onto the pitch my father was out the front wiping down one of our cars with his back to the entrance so he didn't see her coming and she said to him "I don't know how you expect to run a business" which I was a witness to. I walked out to give her the key and she carried on threatening to blacken our name. She was extremely rude and all we had tried to do was get her what she wanted. We didn't actually have to do anything but as a new business we tried to please. I really don't see any reason for the slander.

Since that customer we haven't had any other problems and if there are any niggles then they are rectified as soon as possible. This is my first business and with my father's help we wish to make it a success and would like people to give us chance to make it so. And I will repeat that we are NOTHING to do with AUTOSAVE.

Many thanks for reading

Natalie Middlemas

Edited by BankFodder

well with that reply and for a professional website you say this is why was the companys defensive reply deleted numerous times? you got a small minded opinion and its so easy to slag a new company off but never praise for the good reasons. i can tell you the big franchise companies are far worse with over priced cars and charges and offering next to nothing for a trade in. i do think that church barn autos should action a court proceeding for slander and this pathetic site because you are slandering every decent used car dealership. every business is there to make money and a living. a used car doesnt always come with two keys. but when a company offers to order one and cover the cost and have to wait for the franchise to deliver then how is it the used cars fault. you want to look back at what you are daying and really see who fault it is. this small company as helped you out. the owner has been in the trade all there life and the fact they used to own a big franchise like peugeot and realised that it was more customer service and money saving to by good quality used cars for the public were they can afford to buy and not be ripped off.

before you delete this i have taken screen shots as i think it is terrible and pathetic to try and ruin a respectable company. your problem is with Autosave not church barn autos

well with that reply and for a professional website you say this is why was the companys defensive reply deleted numerous times? you got a small minded opinion and its so easy to slag a new company off but never praise for the good reasons. i can tell you the big franchise companies are far worse with over priced cars and charges and offering next to nothing for a trade in. i do think that church barn autos should action a court proceeding for slander and this pathetic site because you are slandering every decent used car dealership. every business is there to make money and a living. a used car doesnt always come with two keys. but when a company offers to order one and cover the cost and have to wait for the franchise to deliver then how is it the used cars fault. you want to look back at what you are daying and really see who fault it is. this small company as helped you out. the owner has been in the trade all there life and the fact they used to own a big franchise like peugeot and realised that it was more customer service and money saving to by good quality used cars for the public were they can afford to buy and not be ripped off.

before you delete this i have taken screen shots as i think it is terrible and pathetic to try and ruin a respectable company. your problem is with Autosave not church barn autos

Just remind us what slander is, will you?

Just remind us what slander is, will you?

The above is from Churchbarn Autos website, Great customer service?? The way I have been spoken to when I have been trying to get from them what they promised is atrocious. Yes I have finally got the spare key after being told "you have had the car 3 months, you can manage without it the monday"( the original excuse being he didn't have the log book to order the key, how do you sell a car without a log book?) and "you got a parcel shelf out of it didn't you?". Shouldn't a car have a parcel shelf and 2 keys anyway? It seems they are eager to get your money and then the after sales care goes to pot. Good reputation?? Not if Brian speaks to all his customers like that. When I went to pick the key up, I got abuse from Brian ranting over he didn't have to get me a key etc. He sure knows how to get repeat business.

This might not be slander but many of these statements are untrue. As a witness to this Brian did not give any abuse. It was the other way round. She also made threats as she got back into her car.

This might not be slander but many of these statements are untrue. As a witness to this Brian did not give any abuse. It was the other way round. She also made threats as she got back into her car.

Quite right; it's not slander, although it wasn't you I asked the question of, but your super-loyal customer Mr Baron, who appears to have registered on CAG only in order to post a couple of ill-informed, semi-literate, frothing rants which include references to slander.

It will probably be helpful to clarify a couple of points.

Slander is spoken. Libel is published. Both are forms of defamation. If someone brings an action for defamation, firstly they need very deep pockets - it is one of the most expensive forms of litigation there is, and most defamation lawyers will want an upfront fee of tens of thousands. Secondly, you will have to show that the defamation caused a harm - demonstrable loss of business, for example, or the defamation causes a right thinking person to think the worse.

Truth is an absolute defence, so is public interest. The law was recently strengthened to prevent companies and individuals using it to suppress criticism.

In other words, you may not like what some of your customers are saying, but you are probably not really going to be able to do anything about it, especially in a 'he said, she said' situation. I suspect that no-one, and particularly a used car dealer, is able to please every single customer every single time - especially as there are customers who will never be happy no matter what you do.

Meanwhile, you may like to read up on the Streisand Effect - for an example google 'RLP Schillings'.

Let's have no more silly threats about slander.

• Haha 1