Accident claim recorded as being against me (as the driver) as insurance have not yet recovered their costs?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not sure where I stand with my car insurance - I had an accident 6+ months back where other driver admitted liability and my insurance was then dealing with recovering the money they have paid out as a result. I have now checked my policy online and seen that the status of that claim now says - it has been registered against me (previously said in my favour) as I was not at fault. Do I need to get involved with other insurance to chase it up as I am worried it will impact my insurance premiums going forward for an accident that was not my fault being recorded against me?

Date of the incident followed by - Accident will be or has been settled against you

I have today and they will chase but said that at this point it cant be amended as they have not yet recovered all their costs (accident was over 6 months ago)

There is no harm at all in chasing the fault insurers. Depending on who they are it may not be time well spent though! If in doubt just make yourself a pain in the neck to your own insurers, call them every week asking what they have done since the last time you called.

I had big problems following an accident my wife had in our car. She had left the road and stopped when the oncoming out of control car hit her. The problem was both parties were both covered by the same insurance company.

I used Slimm's method of being a pain in the neck, however I was not so nice, I called them daily. Finally they resolved it and She was 100% not to blame, it also took nearly a year to get our excess back, I even had to send a letter from a firm of solicitors, I got that cost back as well.

AS

Idem/ACM and RBS Lombard Full refund of fees.

Blackhorse Car Loan Full refund of fees without argument.

Argos store card (Home Retail Group) are fighting back. see my posts.