BankFodder BankFodder

mitsy

Cabot/Shoesmiths Claimform - old catalogue 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1731 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If this is the shoesmith claim then I would advise a new thread for Restons and a time line of what you have done so far together with any responses/court documents etc.

I will do Andy, what would you recommend for the shoesmith case, i still haven't received anything back from them.

Date on the court letter is 19th June

I acknowledged it on the 30th of June and sent the CPR and CCA out on the 2nd July, and I've had no reply from the.

Thanks mitsy

Just submit your defence on time......you can refer to your requests and their lack of response in your defence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi guys just an update, I've heard nothing back from the solicitors regarding this so it was stayed last year.

I have just received a letter from them saying they have the documentation and want me to admit it and withdrew my defence and set up a payment plan.

On their letter it states the last payment for one was on the 2nd of March 2009 and the other 4 April 2009. So does this now make them statute Barred.

I rang the solicitors up to explain that it is, but they said it doesn't matter because they applied to the court last year when it was within 6 years.

Any ideas if this is true or not, or can I contest it.

She also said they are waiting for more paper work to come through before the go back to the courts.

Regards Mitsy

The 6 year limitation rule is suspended if proceedings have begun, if they chickened out and the case did not go ahead then it would be as if no court case started, 5 years in Scotland by the way, 6 years england/wales etc

others will no doubt comment as well!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

The 6 year limitation rule is suspended if proceedings have begun, if they chickened out and the case did not go ahead then it would be as if no court case started, 5 years in Scotland by the way, 6 years england/wales etc

others will no doubt comment as well!

Unfortunately as Court proceedings were issued in time then the claim is not statute barred, despite the claim being stayed for the last year.

That being said, the Claimant still needs to make a successful application to Court to lift the stay...