Aviva Pension Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After my late husband died, I got his pension which is through Aviva. It was only a small pension of £202 per month.

The terms of the pension were that after 3 years of his death, the pension would reduce by 1/3rd which now makes it £137 a month - hardly an amount to get excited about.

On average it's increased by 1% - 2% every year so it would take at least another 20+ years to get back up to £202.

Typical of Aviva, I find out that they'd reduced it on checking my bank account. They sent the letter informing me of this a few days later.

They state the reason for the reduction as:

"Your payments are changing because policy number XXXXXX goes up each year as part of the policy conditions."

Umm at most 2%?

They're having a laugh.

I'm sure I could get a better deal elsewhere but think my late husband has tied this up so I can't change it.

I also think he got bad financial advice at the time (2004 when he cashed part of the pension in early due to him having a major heart attack and being unable to work).

Does anyone know if I can do anything about this and if so what?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Guest Aviva Support
After my late husband died, I got his pension which is through Aviva. It was only a small pension of £202 per month.

The terms of the pension were that after 3 years of his death, the pension would reduce by 1/3rd which now makes it £137 a month - hardly an amount to get excited about.

On average it's increased by 1% - 2% every year so it would take at least another 20+ years to get back up to £202.

Typical of Aviva, I find out that they'd reduced it on checking my bank account. They sent the letter informing me of this a few days later.

They state the reason for the reduction as:

"Your payments are changing because policy number XXXXXX goes up each year as part of the policy conditions."

Umm at most 2%?

They're having a laugh.

I'm sure I could get a better deal elsewhere but think my late husband has tied this up so I can't change it.

I also think he got bad financial advice at the time (2004 when he cashed part of the pension in early due to him having a major heart attack and being unable to work).

Does anyone know if I can do anything about this and if so what?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Hi Lady Python,

I'm really sorry to see your post and can understand why you are frustrated. I'd like to look into this further to see if there is anything we can do for you. If you'd be happy for me to investigate, could you please email me at [email protected] with the plan number, your full name and address? If you could also include your CAG username in the email that would be great and enable us to track your query quickly.

Thanks in advance,

Nicki

Aviva Social Media Team

Thank you for replying in a timely way, Nicki. It would be helpful if you or Lady Python could keep the thread updated without revealing personal information, so we know how it's going.

Lady Python, do you know who advised your late husband when he took out this pension plan please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum