style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no if you work for a company or are on benefits they will take it out of that and you will not find out until the first payment is taken and if working could be the full amount however the bailiffs can not get there fees paid and you only pay the original fine so beggars belief why the courts use them for people on benefits mad world

Unfortunately the 'fine' (PCN) will not go away, once you get a PCN there are ways to appeal it if there is a need to but if there are no grounds for an appeal then you will have to pay it one way or another.

normally they will write it off unless it was left address. further enforcement will cost them money and if a bailiff fails to collect. they would see it as a waste of money pursuing

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

normally they will write it off unless it was left address. further enforcement will cost them money and if a bailiff fails to collect. they would see it as a waste of money pursuing

Utter rubbish next you will say they will write off council tax if a bailiff fails to collect

Sadly you are wrong

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

sorry i should have been a bit clearer.

i'm assuming the bailiff has given up because no one will respond or open the door

when its returned by the bailiff. its reviewed for the reasons given

unless there is a realistic outcome of it been paid. it will be wrote off

options are pay i think £110 for attachment of earnings. how they gonna serve it. unless they know were you work. may get away with a judges order to post it through the letterbox on n61 and n63. but it will never get to a n118. unless its been served personally.

issue a warrant of control with a court bailiff cost i think £110. if a private bailiff can not execute it. what difference would a court bailiff do.

issue an order for questioning. again another cost and how they going to serve it

i know of seven people who have done similar and the last one was the council tax payer and tried to work with the council who refused and just referred to contact the bailiff. she ignored him and hid the car because the bailiffs bill was £700. after it expired she phoned the council and they told her that they had wrote it off.

she was told it was standard practice to write it off

The fact of the matter is that when the enforcement agent makes a personal visit he will be entitled to charge an 'enforcement fee' of £235 and this charge is made whether or not he has been able to 'take control of goods'. His personal commission will be around £50-£60.

With a parking debt he would HOPE that the debtor has a car and he will attempt to clamp the car to 'encourage' payment. If there is no car or the car is of little value then the bailiff has a problem. He will ONLY be able to earn his commission is he can somehow obtain payment from the debtor.

He could return to the property a few days later BUT he cannot charge any further fees and therefore; he would be more likely to make contact by text messages to gain payment. Without having access to the debtors car the bailiff is much more likely to be willing to accept a payment proposal. In that way he will at least earn his commission (even if it may take a while longer).

Will he return the account back to the local authority?

As outlined above, the bailiff will only earn his commission once full payment has been made. If he were to return the account he would earn NOTHING.

With a parking debt I would never expect to hear of an attachment of earnings. The only exception to this being in cases of a 'persistant evader' and where there were lots of warrant outstanding (such as a case that I was assisting with yesterday where the debtor has 19 outstanding PCN's) !!!

PS: Each case is completely different. If the debtor lives in a decent sized house in a nice street he would be more likely to hold onto the warrant. If the debtor has no car and lives on the 5th floor of a local authority owned property block on flats on 'benefit street' he would be more inclined to return the warrant.

can you give some examples of some unlucky ones

Check out some of the JBW threads on this forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Check out some of the JBW threads on this forum.

thanks brassnecked. i know you give sound advice. but i,m looking for examples of when the bailiff h warrant as returned the debtor has had a bad time