Discussion - Anyone watch the CH5 doc Benefits Life on the Dole?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found myself very conflicted watching it. It seemed designed to pick out the worst examples of why IDS is correct. But I still felt compassion for these people who felt they had some god-given right to take money without ever given anything back. Women having kids because they knew the state would always pay for them, etc, rather than taking responsibility for their own lives.

Anyone else watch it?

Any opinions?

Showing people who used the state like you refer to is in line with the narrative that to be on benefits is dole dossiers who only seek to gain the maximum in benefits with no desire to work

It supports IDS's views too for those reasons

I doubt you are meant to feel compassionate though

They don't show tge people who struggle or are not given a chance to show what they can be capable of as that wouldn't fit into tge narrative

I think the truth and reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

At least we, as a society, are finally getting mature enough to start having the conversation though. Maybe?

I only want to understand where this sense of self entiltement comes from. Please help me understand.

Presumably because they ARE entitled to all of this. For that we have to blame successive Governments and not necessarily the claimants.

After all if you were offered more money to sit at home all day than what you would earn by working you would seriously have to consider it.

"I only want to understand where this sense of self entiltement comes from. Please help me understand."

I doubt if anyone who can ask such a question in such a twisted way will ever understand.

The law determines what the state provides, what individual entitlement is in the sense of social provision. The corrupt system under which we exist determines that the rich get richer and the poor, as well as increasing in number, get poorer.

When you pick off those you would select as having no entitlement what would you have us do with them?

It might help you to answer your own question if you first address it to yourself. If you have no sense of self entitlement who do you let decide for you?

If you want an honest debate rather than an outlet for your sarcasm and trolling you could start by coming clean yourself. I’m sure there are plenty of sites where your kind have a field day patting each other on the back. The powers that be on this forum can smell your type fairly quickly. When they smell you your feet won't touch

• Haha 1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks