very catalogue

pj1312
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi first time post.Dont know if it is valid,but is it common for Very to up its prices by !00s of pounds?

To give an examplewe were going to order an american fridge,we saw it in currys for the same price, £699, we put it in our basket, and left it there, when we came back later it had changed to £959......i emailed them but they sent back a standard email saying it was a rare pricing error, i know for a fact it had been like that for a few months, and now they are annoying me with the fact they can shunt prices up...to quote them it was a rare occasion,but i know for a fact they have done it to a similar product.Is there anything that can be done or do i just have to look for the product else where?

thanks to anyone who can help me :wink:

A catalogue is typically charging higher than high street retailers. They can choose what amount to sell at, it's up to the customer to decide if they want to buy at whatever price they give you.

Best advice is to avoid any credit arrangements if you can, shop around locally and you can usually find the same items as catalogues sell cheaper. Buying from a catalogue is credit, they get you to sign an agreement and the price you pay is usually inflated to include their credit charge. There are some catalogues who advertise in the media where you can buy a one-off, but still have to open a credit account and sign an agreement. It's just a hook they dangle to get you as a customer, then charge over the odds...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.