Vodafone Small Claims Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am taking Vodafone to a small claims court.

I purchased a Sony Xperia Z1 in April 2014 on the premises that it is waterproof up to a depth of 1.5m for 30 minutes as advertised on Vodafone's website.

Upon taking the phone into a swimming pool for less than 10 seconds the phone became inoperable despite closing all the port covers on the phone.

Upon calling Vodafone they said that the damage was not covered by warranty

and that I would have to take it to a Sony repair centre at my own cost.

I refused as I purchased the phone from Vodafone based upon their advertisement

(Vodafone initially refused it was their advertisement and that they only put it on their website because Sony told them to).

To cut a long story short

they eventually agreed to replace my handset with a refurbished replacement.

To my dismay this replacement was also faulty (Different faults) so

I also sent this handset back for them to repair.

Two weeks later and they have sent me back another broken handset.

I have been using a temporary phone for 6 weeks, have spent countless hours talking to Vodafone and am at the end of my patience.

Now I now wish to use my rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and return the phone for a refund because:

• The good is not as described (phone advertised as waterproof when it is not)

• Fit for purpose (the replacement phones they sent are faulty)

Vodafone have failed repair or replace faulty goods 'within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience'.

What would be the best way to go about this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51736[/ATTACH]

Hi bluebirdtr

Welcome to CAG

We here at CAGlink31.gif have a very successful vodafonelink3.gif Rep operating here - Lee

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and he'll get back to you as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM

Please let us know how this is resolved.

Hi Lee, thanks for the help. Not your fault - I received a new phone today but it is the wrong model.... the Z1 instead of the Z1 compact. I really am staggered as to how Vodafone can send out a wrong/faulty phone 3 times now. Can you please call me?

Hi Lee, thanks for the help. Not your fault - I received a new phone today but it is the wrong model.... the Z1 instead of the Z1 compact. I really am staggered as to how Vodafone can send out a wrong/faulty phone 3 times now. Can you please call me?

Mistakes happen - though probably less frequently if they actually care or give a ****