p4parking ticket on private land

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I got a ticket from p4parking while parked at a friends flat in a gated development in docklands.

It was late at night and we were told by the security man to park in the visitors section and given a permit.

I failed to notice the permit expired at 8 am and when we left at 8.30

there was a parking ticket on the windscreen.

The security man then said I should have been given 30 minutes grace and to appeal.

P4parking rejected the appeal and I have now just missed the 28 day POPLA appeal deadline.

What should I do ?

Pay the £100 or tough it out until a court case.

What is the maximum amount I will have to pay if it goes to court

and could my credit rating get affected before a court proceeding.

Thanks for any advice.

no your credit rating cannot be trashed.

appeal to popla regardless

did you get the number?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi.

I got a ticket from p4parking while parked at a friends flat in a gated development in docklands.

It was late at night and we were told by the security man to park in the visitors section and given a permit.

I failed to notice the permit expired at 8 am and when we left at 8.30

there was a parking ticket on the windscreen.

The security man then said I should have been given 30 minutes grace and to appeal.

P4parking rejected the appeal and I have now just missed the 28 day POPLA appeal deadline.

What should I do ?

Pay the £100 or tough it out until a court case.

What is the maximum amount I will have to pay if it goes to court

and could my credit rating get affected before a court proceeding.

Thanks for any advice.

The only way your Credit Rating can be affected is if A) they actually take you to court and win their case, and B) you fail to pay what a judge orders.....(The probability of both A & B happening is very slim...

Others will be along to assist you with your POPLA situation

If they did take you to court and win, they would be asking for the £100 plus £35 claim issue fee and £65 hearing fee plus any reasonable costs (Not huge solicitors fees).

Personally if it was me, I would just relax and see if court papers are ever issued then we can go from there as there will be a number of ways to deal with these clowns.

In the mean time try to obtain and post up any signage in that particular area

You wait for a notice to the keeper of the vehicle to be sent through the post (not a certainty in itself) and then respond by appealing on the grounds that the vehicle was parked as per the instructions of their agent or employee. Dont say that you were driving. If they reject this then you should be given a POPLA code to appeal to the adjudicator and then you can use a series of arguments, mostly laid out in other posts. If you get to the NTK and rejection of appeal stage come back and we will give you some bullet points to appeal at POPLA

No need to name the driver at all, it only gives them more ammunition

You simply respond as the registered keeper of the vehicle, using such terms as 'the driver at the time'

i thought you had to reply and say who was driving nowadays, i just thought it could be a made up person who has just moved out from down the road

so you dont need to say?

No, you make your appeal on the basis you are the registered keeper, who the law says they can now pursue. Still no need to say who was actually driving. Having read back your initial post you say you appealed after getting a ticket on the windscreen ? Had you admitted to it already ?