volunteer work

kcspurs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i wanted to ask a question. i hear its a matter of time before our jsa coaches will tell us we have to either sign on every day or do 35 hours voluntery work.

i noticed the jsa adviser next to me was telling someone they had to do one or the other but my adviser not mention it to me yet

so my question is if i find my own volunteer placement will i then be okay or will the jobcenter just force me to do more hours

and if i sign on every day will they pay my fares.

i really do not believe in working over 30 hours for nothing.

the jobcenter used to say you could olny volunteer for 21 hours a week

so my question is if i find my own volunteer placement will i then be okay or will the jobcenter just force me to do more hours

and if i sign on every day will they pay my fares.

It is possible that should you volunteer voluntarily, your JCP advisor will refer you to a Community Work Placement provider who will then mandate you to "volunteer" with a different organisation - Should you get threatened with such a move, suggest that they review the Cait Reilly case and the adverse publicity that caused. If nothing else, it should give you a little breathing space... The downside to volunteering off your own back is that you would have to pay for any travel expenses out of your own pocket - Refunds would not normally be available.

If the JCP decide to pull you in every day to sign on, they should be refunding nine out of every ten days travel expenses - The tenth day would be your normal signing on day and so exempt from any refunds.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

"i really do not believe in working over 30 hours for nothing"

I do not believe in working 1 minute for nothing unless it is of your own choosing i.e voluntary work YOU have chosen to do for WHO YOU WANT to do it for