• Tweets

• as i said unsure of what this 15% is about.   the FOS/FCA clearly describe how refund calcs show have been made the their relevant sites.   p'haps at this juncture it might be better to scan up to ONE multipage PDF their refund letters  another set of eyes is always belter.   please read our upload guide carefully      
    • I wouldn't bother with emailing Virgin's CEO.   In April I started a complaint about my BB connection which they repaired quickly but charged me to repair.   I was mostly ignored or promised resolution that never happened. So I complained by email to the CEO, twice, demanding written responses. On each occasion, a lowly call centre worker called and it was obvious they knew or cared little about my actual case.   Finally I got a written reply confirming the charge was dropped but not a penny offered in compo despite the issue taking months to resolve.   Virgin don't take CEO complaints seriously.
    • Dear All,   BN, BF, HB, - Thank you for your comments.    Yes sorry, i wanted to save some time by doing that as I wanted to carry out the posting ASAP OK, I have redacted the statement and it is attached here in the PDF doc.   Its our 2nd draft and I will fine tune it tonight / tomorow.   Thank you for putting me right.    Warm regards BF   Counterclaim-1.pdf
    • So according to this calculator my refund should be £4562.96 at the 8%.   This is in line with some of the management firms calculator on-line.   I have checked their letter again and they have paid from 1 Jan 1989 - 1 Jan 1994 only. They have refunded all the insurance premiums totalling £469.50 and the interest paid on the premiums to date of £257.90.  Additional interest of £1,436.36 after tax on top of refund as compensation.  Statutory rate of 8% from 1 Apr 1993 and at 15% before that.  They have not provided a breakdown of payments from 15% - 8%.  Only below:   £  469.50 - Refund of PPI premiums paid £  257.90 - Refund of interest charge on the premiums paid £1,795.44 - Statutory compensation -£      0.00 - Less any previous successful claim -£      0.00 - Less any previous refunds made directly as result of this policy -£       0.00 - Less any statutory compensation already paid -£   359.08 - Deduction from any statutory compensation interest for income tax at 20% _________ £2,163.76 - Total refund due   This will be the second time I am returning their calculations.  They made a decision last year and used a wrong date as they could not read the date and made up a date then it went to the back of the queue to be recalculated.  I had already queried the refund amount with them and they have moved the date again from the 22 Jan to 1 Jan!   Are they using a different calculator/principal why the figures are so far apart?  How am I going to show them this calculation without it going to FOS and sitting there for years to be assessed?   Can I also ask how to do the 15% calculation?  Thanks so much.  
    • Hi Burma.   You've been here for a while and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that you're PMing this to various people off the main thread.   Advice by PM isn't what we advise here and I hope that you can post up your anonymised documents very soon.   HB
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Can you still reclaim charges?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2315 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have a debt of around £500 with Marisota which by my reckoning is made up entirely of their £12 charges.

Can you still reclaim charges or has it all been stopped? Anyone had any success with this company, they go by other aliases such as jd williams, simply be etc

thanks

Type of credit eg credit card, catalogue etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

J D Williams & Co Ltd

Legal Department

Griffin House

40 Lever Street

Manchester

M60 6ES

I'd suggest sending them a SAR first, then you can check what charges they've made and when, so you can compile a spreadsheet that shows what they owe.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

go get 'em

you'll need the statements via an SAR as already advised

lots of threads here already

and link 3 below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is it just me, or are signatures (often with vital info) not showing ?

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Is it just me, or are signatures (often with vital info) not showing ?

Some of the forums are configured not to show signatures. Don't know why this is one of them though...will go and have a look.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

There you go :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary