style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just renewed my insurance with them 2 weeks ago, and

last week they sent me a letter stating that they had not received my signed credit agreement

within 14 days and so are charging me £24 for this.

The issue is that I did not receive the credit agreement in order for me to sign it!

is it worth me ringing them to try to get the charge removed or is there little point?

No. There is every point. On what basis do they think that they have the right to levy this kind of charge anyway?

However you now need to be on your guard. If you try to challenge or withhold the charge then they will probably run into dispute with you and levy further charges or cancel your insurance. Don't forget that these people have the whip hand and they are not used to being pushed around.

I would suggest that in addition to querying the charge and asking for a detailed breakdown of why is being levied and on what basis it is being levied, that you tell them that they should consider that your letter is a formal complaint and the you wish it to be taken to the ombudsman.

At the very least you will then have a paper record that there is a dispute here and that you are trying to resolve it.

Don't simply withhold the charge because Swinton and most other large companies are dinosaurs and they simply lurch into action and smash up your life.

You should record your calls -and start putting it in writing ASAP

I found an android app to record my calls! Called "Automatic Call recorder"

Anyway I phoned Swinton and they were quite helpful, she offered to send out a new credit agreement and when I send it back she said they will remove the charge from my account!